SaltCritters.com

ID or common name for this anemone?

Simulated Fish

Simulated Fish

Picked up this guy today. The LFS did not know what the proper name was it and just stated it was a different type of green bubble tip nem.

The pictures don't do it justice but it is a bluish-green with purple-gray striped banding.

Any idea on identification for this? Thanks in advance.

Here is it under mixed blues:

IMG_20171014_152228.thumb.jpg.ec321e85e0a16e374710cfd41361bcb2.jpg

And under whites:

IMG_20171014_152304.thumb.jpg.b606a53ee0395b435a3ffc5f74b46cf9.jpg

It does look like a bubble tip.  I have green one that sometimes has "bubble tips" but usually look just like this.  Some of the tentacles in the picture have small bubbles on them.  I have not figured out why my bubble tips sometimes have bubble tips and sometimes don't.  My biggest one, a red that is around 8 inches across when it is showing off, goes through periods in which for several weeks it has well-developed bubbles, then for several weeks has long, thin tentacles.  The smaller, green one I mentioned rarely has bubble times, but does from time to time for a few days.

Simulated Fish
1 minute ago, OldManSea said:

It does look like a bubble tip.  I have green one that sometimes has "bubble tips" but usually look just like this.  Some of the tentacles in the picture have small bubbles on them.  I have not figured out why my bubble tips sometimes have bubble tips and sometimes don't.  My biggest one, a red that is around 8 inches across when it is showing off, goes through periods in which for several weeks it has well-developed bubbles, then for several weeks has long, thin tentacles.  The smaller, green one I mentioned rarely has bubble times, but does from time to time for a few days.

I'm in the same place as you my rainbow bubble tip split and after the split no bubbles. And my green has never had any bubbles. funny enough the only one I really see bubbles on is in my office tank. It is a bleached out green that I rescued. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Hippieheadshot said:

@OldManSea here's a photo of my main tank that the new nem is in. As you can see my other anemones no bubbles!

IMG_20171014_174231.thumb.jpg.06850d1f3ed4908898c32ddaa5d671ae.jpg

I think the others are right.  In this view it looks like seabeck.