SaltCritters.com

Noinoi24

Hello Reefers,

Just wanted to start and say I am so excited to do reef. This will be my first time with nano reef. I had experience with a 55 G FOWLR set-up, it was okay but decided to go nano-reefing. I love pets. I Used to keep Nano Planted tanks with my Fluval Spec V, then do discus fishes, then gouldian finches, then now this 13.5 gallon tank. I cant wait to finish set-up.

So I Started about two weeks ago, got the tank, live sand, and live rocks. I hook up my MP10 as I like random flows, upgraded stock pump to Aqueon 1200 which is rated for 300+ gph as it claims to. got a Cobalt neo-therm 75 watt heater, a smart ATO. I also got the IM Spin stream.

Plans of livestock:

2 Clown Fish

1 Small Flame Angel ( This will me moved to another tank once its big)

Then Corals, and  I don't know which one yet.

IMG_3319.JPG

IMG_3323.JPG

• Like 3

Got my NanoBox ReeF Mini Plus M from @TomHaslettMI .  Now let's see how this works..

IMG_3373.JPG

Got my first coral... 

IMG_3380.JPG

The Set-up: (Sorry for the quality, my iPhone don't seem to work well with taking good pics last night)

IMG_3381.JPG

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Boggers said:

You can mount where your MP10 is or at the rear. If you put is at the rear of the tank you may want the 15" gooseneck though.

Yes that’s the plan, but i would like to know if my current nanobox fixture can be redesigned so that the gooseneck will be hooked up like this on the image.

3C77E45B-8136-402E-BCB4-D652939B8069.png

2 hours ago, vaughnking said:

Nice rock work. That nanobox looks so sleek. Why do you want to change the configurations? 

Thanks... so it would be mounted on the back, black side of the tank, not there. -just a thought.

4 hours ago, DaveFason said:

It would have a hole on the other side. I can do it but will cost a bit for labor. 

Like how much Dave?

9 hours ago, Noinoi24 said:

Thanks... so it would be mounted on the back, black side of the tank, not there. -just a thought.

Like how much Dave?

$60 including shipping. It is pretty entailed. Taking unit apart, making a custom jib to hold unit, drilling, tapping and rebuilding unit. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

So Rock work didn’t hold too well as it wasn’t glued together. Lost all of my clowns, first pair both jumped, second pair died of ick. Lost my tail spot blenny. Bought 10 Rock Flower Anemones from VIP Reef, 6 of them diet after 11 days. The second pair of clown that died of ich is from them as well. I don’t know why... so here it is...

A8E8B64F-68B9-430B-8CDA-1766AA508077.jpeg

83DDDF06-02ED-4295-9425-E41114C4D8A7.jpeg

4C8CBACC-F89E-489C-83C2-AB07DFA6E845.jpeg