ReefCleaners.org

ATI Essentials mmmm ....

Berlibee

mystersyster

I'm going for it. Ordered 500ml set today. I'm sick of water changes as my water stays too clean anyway with a light bioload. I've been using BRS two part but I know if doesn't have those trace elements. I'm excited to try this and am expecting good things. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2017 at 2:52 AM, mystersyster said:

I'm going for it. Ordered 500ml set today. I'm sick of water changes as my water stays too clean anyway with a light bioload. I've been using BRS two part but I know if doesn't have those trace elements. I'm excited to try this and am expecting good things. 

Hi there, the ATI essentials system is a whole system. Step one is getting your water tested and step 2 is buying whatever the suggest in order to fix your water parameters.

With a water change, all your essential elements are replaced and if you say you are doing enough water changes then I think you're doing alright. 2-part is just that: 2 part. It has 2 components when you buy them from BRS. The calcium component and and carbonate. There is nothing else in there. 

If you were to use a 2 part from say ESV, Brightwell, TLF, etc, you would get trace elements like strontium and others. 

I would not order anything till you get your test results back. 

On 8/8/2017 at 3:51 PM, Berlibee said:

The new ATI Essentials is tempting ! :naughtydance: It's like Triton but cheaper and better water test like I understand. There are much more reports of successful tanks on youtube as well.

Anyone checked it?

http://atinorthamerica.com/elements/

It's on par with the Red Sea reef care program. Red Sea recently revamped their program and have made it very simple to follow.

The ATI test kit is actually very good value because they test your RO water so your source as well as your tank water, in one kit. Triton doesn't offer that. 

mystersyster
18 hours ago, metrokat said:

Hi there, the ATI essentials system is a whole system. Step one is getting your water tested and step 2 is buying whatever the suggest in order to fix your water parameters.

With a water change, all your essential elements are replaced and if you say you are doing enough water changes then I think you're doing alright. 2-part is just that: 2 part. It has 2 components when you buy them from BRS. The calcium component and and carbonate. There is nothing else in there. 

If you were to use a 2 part from say ESV, Brightwell, TLF, etc, you would get trace elements like strontium and others. 

I would not order anything till you get your test results back. 

Hey Kat. Thanks for the reply. I'm not buying anything other than their 3 part. It will just replace my BRS 2 part. I'll be sending a test as well. 

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, Berlibee said:

4 months here, everything is ok. :) 

Awesome.  Are you using a doser or doing it daily by hand?

Have you run one of their ICP tests?

• Like 1
On 12/21/2017 at 12:12 PM, Travis said:

Awesome.  Are you using a doser or doing it daily by hand?

Have you run one of their ICP tests?

I'm using a doser, yes. Yes I did it twice it's in my thread build. ;)

• 1 month later...

Running for 6 months now and quite happy. Use dosing pump. Vey happy with the lab test. Quick turnaround and good advice

Catoos reef values  9-2-2018
t = 24.5 gr
sg = 1,0245
pH = 8.2
kH = 8
Ca = 450
M g= 1.350
NO2= 0
NO3 = 2
PO4 = 0.02

Measuered with Salifert kit (within 5% of lab test results). That is good enough for me. 
  • Like 1