inTank Media Baskets

jstj0sh's Newbie Nuvo 20 - Tank Move Complete!!

jstj0sh

On 8/14/2017 at 2:42 PM, haleschristine said:

This tank looks amazing! So jelly ;)

Thanks so much! I love your tank too - I can't wait to see how our corals grow from frag stage to established colonies! 

My package from Salt Critters arrived earlier this morning. Everything has been acclimated and dipped and is now in the tank :D I'll post pictures when everything starts getting comfy. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, jstj0sh said:

Not the pretties pictures in the world, I'm trying to get to that @ninjamyst level though.. :lol: Snapped all of these with my iPhone.

36607941005_1ddef102c2_b.jpg

36607941165_e325d90b2e_b.jpg

36439134882_dc49585a20_b.jpg

36607941235_64bd1f61ab_b.jpg

I love those yellow zoas on the far right in the first pic!  Do you know what they are?  Stuff looks great!

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I love those yellow zoas on the far right in the first pic!  Do you know what they are?  Stuff looks great!

Thank you ma'am! Those are Scrambled Egg zoas.

4 minutes ago, jstj0sh said:

Thank you ma'am! Those are Scrambled Egg zoas.

Nice!  I wondered if that was them.  I'm keeping an eye out for them as I really like how sunny they are. :happy:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Nice!  I wondered if that was them.  I'm keeping an eye out for them as I really like how sunny they are. :happy:

They are super sunny aren't they? I didn't realize until too late that my two new frags both had a good amount of yellow.. I'm a bit OCD, so I will be getting some new frags of different colors to switch things up a bit in the zoa garden :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, jstj0sh said:

They are super sunny aren't they? I didn't realize until too late that my two new frags both had a good amount of yellow.. I'm a bit OCD, so I will be getting some new frags of different colors to switch things up a bit in the zoa garden :rolleyes:

Hey, if it's what you like...my tank has mostly pinks and purples in it lol.

• Like 1
haleschristine

Love the new zoas. I seem to have the same problem as you (yellows), except mine is greens. Everything is green. Pretty blues/reds would be good :)

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Hey, if it's what you like...my tank has mostly pinks and purples in it lol.

Yeah, your tank is so nice and bright :wub:  The purple and pinks are a nice departure from a lot of the usual colors you see in other tanks.

22 hours ago, TinyOcean said:

Awesome zoas!

Thank you!

20 hours ago, haleschristine said:

Love the new zoas. I seem to have the same problem as you (yellows), except mine is greens. Everything is green. Pretty blues/reds would be good :)

I was at the LFS the other day and a guy picked out a torch and then yelled out "Damn it! Why is every coral I buy green!!" 

But yeah, I feel like reds in reef tanks are so nice. I have some red acans I need to move so they can show off a little more. 

17 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

hahaha nice pics!  i love anything yellow.  hard to find.

Thank you. Speaking of yellow.. your yellow gorg is so rad! Does it have a particular name or is it just "yellow gorg"? 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, jstj0sh said:

Yeah, your tank is so nice and bright :wub:  The purple and pinks are a nice departure from a lot of the usual colors you see in other tanks.

Thank you!

I was at the LFS the other day and a guy picked out a torch and then yelled out "Damn it! Why is every coral I buy green!!" 

But yeah, I feel like reds in reef tanks are so nice. I have some red acans I need to move so they can show off a little more. 

Thank you. Speaking of yellow.. your yellow gorg is so rad! Does it have a particular name or is it just "yellow gorg"? 

I'll be honest...I don't like a lot of the super neon colors that are so popular! :lol:  And with a small tank I try to be particular about the pieces I put in there because there's not room for things I don't love.

• Like 1

I can never take a good picture of my fish, but this one didn't come out too bad. This is Baby, (named after Baby from the Edgar Wright movie, Baby Driver) who was swimming across the tank to see his boo-thing, Deborah. 

36480633212_f9d254abfb_b.jpg

In other news, I'm picking up new zoas either today or Monday. I have a friend who knows Cornbred from https://cornbredcorals.com/

Stay tuned omgomgomg

• Like 2
21 hours ago, jstj0sh said:

If it's the same yellow gorg I'm thinking of, it is an NPS called Mennella Gorg.  I have the same one.  At its brightest, it easily is the most colorful thing in my tank (bonus is it doesn't give off the neon look) - but it's not always the happiest camper. 

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

If it's the same yellow gorg I'm thinking of, it is an NPS called Mennella Gorg.  I have the same one.  At its brightest, it easily is the most colorful thing in my tank (bonus is it doesn't give off the neon look) - but it's not always the happiest camper. 

Ah, so it's a little temperamental? The purple, photosynthetic gorgs seem really interesting too, and much easier to keep. Those yellow ones are just so stunning! 

On 8/19/2017 at 10:36 AM, JcSH2o said:

Nice name and beautiful tank! :lol: You're really getting some great shots with your phone! I'ma definitely following along! 

Thanks so much! I'm pretty surprised what the iPhone 6 can do. 

This evening I did my first water change in about 2 weeks! That quickly turned into an all out cleaning spree. I switched out the filter floss, Chemi-pure, and rinsed off my Seachem Matrix. I also took apart my Eshopps skimmer and cleaned her out real good.

36599392652_ea6e01f6d5_b.jpg

So far this skimmer has been kickass. I have to adjust the height every now and then, but I really don't mind.

Also, I'm normally a craft beer (IPAs especially) kinda guy, but the corner store had Coors on sale for $1.50 :happydance:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, JcSH2o said:

Can I ask why you changed out your Matrix?

I went up and edited it, but I originally left out the fact that I rinsed the Matrix. Not a full change. If I've read correctly, this stuff is good for over a year which is awesome, I just saw some clumps of nasty crap in the chamber and wanted to give everything a quick rinse :closedeyes:

• Like 1
On 8/16/2017 at 0:48 PM, Lula_Mae said:

Not to hijack, but I may have some Scrambled Eggs available in the near-ish future, if you're interested!

The tank is coming along great so far, and your clowns are beautiful!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, schgr.cube said:

Not to hijack, but I may have some Scrambled Eggs available in the near-ish future, if you're interested!

:o Yes, yes I would be interested!

• Like 1
On 8/24/2017 at 7:30 AM, schgr.cube said:

If you frag any Sopranos in the near-ish future, I'd be interested in grabbing a few from you :rolleyes:

And thanks, that means a lot! 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, jstj0sh said:

If you frag any Soprano's in the near future, I'd be interested in grabbing a few from you :rolleyes:

And thanks, that means a lot! 

Oh for sure! I'll have to start a wait list lol, I have a lot of people who are interested already.

• Haha 1
  • jstj0sh changed the title to jstj0sh's Newbie Nuvo - Cyano outbreak