inTank Media Baskets

jstj0sh's Newbie Nuvo 20 - Tank Move Complete!!

jstj0sh

I've never had an RO/DI unit and even with doing a lot of research, I'm not sure what to be really looking for or how to properly compare the units. I had my eye on the  basic BRS 5-stage system which is $239.99 at 75 GPD , and then I stumbled upon these two SpectraPures.. 

The first is a 5-stage system thats refurbished, 90 GPD, and includes a new high silicate removal TFC membrane, a 1.0 micron Sediment and 1.0 micron Carbon Block Filters, and 2 Spectrapure Standard Color Indicating Mixed-Bed Color DI Cartridges. It's $222.45 with shipping, which is still cheaper then the BRS system.

RODI-90-DBLDI-REFURB-600x600.png.5455a9e4e3d7676470634ad0b1cf89bd.png

Second is a 4-stage system, new, 90 GPD, and includes High-silicate removal membrane, High-efficiency MicroTec™ 1 micron Sediment Pre-Filter, High-capacity 1 micron Carbon Block Pre-Filter. It's $174.95 with shipping. 

51xt5BK-PcL.jpg.3b3a23c9dc0cb45ec5ad54dc565188dd.jpg

I have Magnolia city water out at my house and I called to see if we have any traces of "Chloramines" (I heard if chloramines are found, a stage 6 system is required)and after being put on hold for awhile they said "no, our city water is free of chloramines".. so I think both (or all three) of these units will get the job done, but are Stage 5s over kill? Is Stage 4 not enough? Any advice would be appreciated! 

Congrats on the new house. 

The tank is small enough you can move it in buckets and set it back up again. I'd have some fresh saltwater to do a small water change in the process/transfer. I wouldn't add anything else, just let what you have thrive, and enjoy it! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Congrats on the new house. 

The tank is small enough you can move it in buckets and set it back up again. I'd have some fresh saltwater to do a small water change in the process/transfer. I wouldn't add anything else, just let what you have thrive, and enjoy it! 

Thanks man! Thats the new plan. Im going to keep everything the same and just cross my fingers and knock on wood that the whole transport goes smooth and according to plan :wacko:

• 1 month later...

Alright alright, time for another update! So the 22nd was the big tank moving day. It took a few hours and was pretty stressful, but overall everything went really well. 

Jumping straight into the good stuff, here are pictures I took just a few minutes ago of the tank and the corals. Some things are taking a while to adjust and others are looking better than they ever have. Also I changed the scape up some, and made things a little more open, so let me know what y'all think! 

40988291564_18bf728dcf_k.jpg

40988291414_ca6f93ba9e_k.jpg

40988291114_18dfaa9de8_k.jpg

39898868770_cd1f0236ac_k.jpg

40988291454_ea43a33ac0_k.jpg

39898868380_a97b80dba6_k.jpg