Top Shelf Aquatics

Male clown not eating. Too busy gaurding eggs?

pal

Just now, fishfreak0114 said:

The male stops eating to tend to the eggs.  Fanning them, cleaning them, etc.  To my knowledge, it's normal.

Cool thanks, That is what I guessed. I was just worried cause he normally eats like a pig.

Congratulations, that's awesome!

Yes, this is normal.  Although even with a clutch of eggs, the male eventually started eating a little for me (although not nearly as much as he normally would).  Do you have plans to try to raise them?  While I haven't been successful so far, I have some experience trying.  It's quite interesting, but a fair amount of work.  This is a must read: https://www.amazon.com/Clownfishes-Joyce-D-Wilkerson-ebook/dp/B00DDTQ6AI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495544308&sr=8-1&keywords=Clownfishes

• Like 1
1 hour ago, seabass said:

Congratulations, that's awesome!

Yes, this is normal.  Although even with a clutch of eggs, the male eventually started eating a little for me (although not nearly as much as he normally would).  Do you have plans to try to raise them?  While I haven't been successful so far, I have some experience trying.  It's quite interesting, but a fair amount of work.  This is a must read: https://www.amazon.com/Clownfishes-Joyce-D-Wilkerson-ebook/dp/B00DDTQ6AI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495544308&sr=8-1&keywords=Clownfishes

Thanks,It is awesome. I am loving this hobby. Little dude ate some LRS this morning and went right back to work.Raising them sounds really interesting. Thanks for the link. I will start researching and if they keep spawning I might give it a try.

• Like 1

Hopefully my experiences will provide you with some insight:

If nothing else, it will tell you how to culture the rotifers needed to feed the larvae.

• Like 3