Coral Vue Hydros

Exotic goby/shrimp pair success?

Simulated Fish

Simulated Fish

Any one have current or pass success with a more exotic goby shrimp pair? Something other then the classic yellow watchman/tiger combo.

I'm definitely more of a fan of high fin and dramatically colored gobies but I don't see them paired often. I know that if they are not natural pairing the that makes it unlikely but had anyone have examples of success?

Thanks

Whitecap gobies are usually collected with specific shrimps, flabelligobius should work with Randall's shrimp, Dracula gobies aren't exactly rare, but they'll work with Randall's as well. I would just stay away from larger pistol shrimp species because they can be annoyances.

MainelyReefer

I have a yasha hase goby and a randals pistol shrimp and it's the easiest to pair that I've ever had, I also have a yellow watchman and a green pistol, steer away from the green pistols he is growing to be huge and snaps at my fish occasionally and ripped my mandarins tail

Simulated Fish
4 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

I have a yasha hase goby and a randals pistol shrimp and it's the easiest to pair that I've ever had, I also have a yellow watchman and a green pistol, steer away from the green pistols he is growing to be huge and snaps at my fish occasionally and ripped my mandarins tail

:blink: I thought they stopped popping when they have a goby. Can believe it got you fish, hope it healed okay.

Archived