inTank Media Baskets

2g fluval spec

Geek

Simulated Fish
Just now, yungKitten said:

That's what I get for guessing. 

It was a good guess! That is some serious stretching GSP polyps! Mine barely pop out of the mat.

• Like 1
Simulated Fish
1 hour ago, Geek said:

Haven't seen the pom pom crab since I put it in the tank.  Might be hiding in the live rock.  

that is normal, keep an eye out when feeding after a few days then it should come out of hiding.

Thanks I'll keep an eye out for it. Made a little video of the coral. Going to chill and play some video games now that the kids are sleeping plus I'm off work tomorrow. 

• Like 2
Simulated Fish

very nice. GSP is like Xenia, most hate it due to fast growth. Me? I see a trade in free frag machine and a beautiful coral with lots of motion in the current :)

Pom poms tend to like to hide in overhangs--if you have spots where two rocks come together, look closely for a little cryptic crab and you might see it. :happy:

Pom pom crab was out last night looking around when the lights were out. Put a little brine shrimp in today hopefully it'll eat. 

20170503_113856.jpg

• Like 1
yungKitten
1 minute ago, Geek said:

When should I do another water change? 

As a rule of thumb, 10-20% once a week is a good habit to get into.

Simulated Fish
3 hours ago, Geek said:

Got this in today. Now I need to figure out where I'm going to put it. Have any ideas?  

20170504_210229.jpg

Back wall so it doesn't obscure your view :)

You can do up to 100% changes every week if you match temp and salinity. :) If you get a YCG make sure it's plump and eating.  They are notorious for being hard to get eating.

yungKitten
3 hours ago, Geek said:

Should I get a yellow clown goby?  I'll probably wait a few more weeks to get one if I do. 

Be warned, I had one for about a month before it suicided onto my carpet.

yungKitten
58 minutes ago, Geek said:

What is the minimum tank size for nemo? I'll shut down my 5.5g if I have to just to get one for my boys. 

I think 10 gallons for a single clown is doable. 

• Like 2

Yeah I'll just keep going with this tank and forget about nemo. Yeah I like the orange on it but yellow clown gobys are nice looking too.