Innovative Marine Aquariums

1 fish, 2 fish, drunk order divers den?

lkoechle

So... two fish on my list are on divers den.  I'm a little tipsy and have had a drink before I realized this.  My 25 lagoon tank has been up for two months now.  I've two clowns in there, cuc, etc.  Levels have been fine.  25% bi-weekly   monthly water change.

I have hard time reconciling the $29.99 shipping fee on one fish... So, I need to buy two or none.  AND THEY'RE BOTH THERE. AND they're out of stock on live aquaria.

Since I'm tipsy, I need to know if this is a good idea or not.  I mean, I should be good right? I can always (and expect to) up the water change to weekly.

I have 2 clowns in a IM 10... you should be fine with 2 more in a 25, but before I say go for it what are the fish?

Derrick1980

Well I ordered 2 fish and didn't pay a damn delivery fee.. oh yeah.  5.99 cuz I wanted them sooner.

1 minute ago, drgibby said:

I have 2 clowns in a IM 10... you should be fine with 2 more in a 25, but before I say go for it what are the fish?

Not until I've paid for them... Not wanting anyone to steal mah feesh! :P

Just now, Weetabix7 said:

How big are the 2 fish?

1.5" and 2"

5 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

1.5" and 2"

I say go for it and just keep a close eye on parameters the first month, mebbe do weekly WC's for a month or so. 

8 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

1.5" and 2"

Bi----- ------ (My guess on 1 of the fishes)

Just now, NanoSteve said:

Bi----- ------ (My guess on 1 of the fishes)

Nope.  Is there one there though? :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

Nope.  Is there one there though? :rolleyes:

Darn

What about a p----- (2nd guess)

I feel like I'm on Jeopardy!

3 minutes ago, NanoSteve said:

Darn

Well I feel like I'm on wheel of fortune with all those dashes. lol

Do it.

Maybe I should get on diver's den after a couple of drinks... I've talked myself out of the same two fish, four times in the last week :P 

26 minutes ago, NanoSteve said:

Darn

Okay, Theyz be bought.  Moneys had to be calculated and deals had to be made with the husband:

I has a pink-streaked wrasse and a leopard toby puffer (you know, @teenyreef's Doug).

HUZZAH!

Untitled-3.jpg

Drunk coral purchases are my forte ;) not seven sure I want to know how much I have spent on Saturdays over the years looking at the ASD sales.........:lol:

Yes! Excellent choices! I credit the alcohol :)

If I'd seen this earlier I would have egged you on sooner!

1 minute ago, teenyreef said:

Yes! Excellent choices! I credit the alcohol :)

If I'd seen this earlier I would have egged you on sooner!

I may have made sure the husband drank a white russian before presenting this plan. ;) Because I have a monthly "budget". 

29 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

I may have made sure the husband drank a white russian before presenting this plan. ;) Because I have a monthly "budget". 

Yes, but look at the money you saved on shipping! I never order just one fish on Diver's Den. In fact, I've been known to buy enough to hit the "free" shipping mark :D

Don't question decisions while drunk, reserve that for the morning after. If you're not sure drink some more. Bullet proof excuse to the significant other in the morning too, "Man, I don't remember doing that!?"

2 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Yes, but look at the money you saved on shipping! I never order just one fish on Diver's Den. In fact, I've been known to buy enough to hit the "free" shipping mark :D

Is there a free shipping mark on DD?  I wonder where else people are buying fish online.  I used to think bluezoo was ok (a friend ordered from there previously) but everyone says they don't do refunds and you can't use credit towards shipping costs.

1 hour ago, tam said:

Is there a free shipping mark on DD?  I wonder where else people are buying fish online.  I used to think bluezoo was ok (a friend ordered from there previously) but everyone says they don't do refunds and you can't use credit towards shipping costs.

Yes, DD is part of Live Aquaria, and their standard is free shipping for $149 and up.

1 minute ago, teenyreef said:

Yes, DD is part of Live Aquaria, and their standard is free shipping for $149 and up.

I just wish they had more livestock available so I could hit that mark. Like 10 pom-pom crabs or something.  :lol:

6 hours ago, tam said:

I had a terrible experience with bluezoo. never again.  They sent me a dead fish and a wrong fish and refused to refund for the wrong fish because "it was alive".  welp thats dandy except its going to outgrow my tank and isnt what I ordered. And why should I be made to pay for your mistake?

It wasnt until I told them I was very active in the forums that they decided to do anything.  Ultimately, they resent the order but it still makes me mad that they only did it because they didnt want me to blast the forums.  I feel bad for others who got the same treatment that don't participate online.

5 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I tried to persuade him wysiwyg coral but he threatened to take away my reef a palooza money. lol

Archived