Coral Vue Hydros

Puffer with a goiter?

holy carp

Can someone help identify what is wrong with this little guy?  I picked him up on Saturday at the CT frag farmers's swap, and Sunday noticed this lump under his jaw.  It moves forward and back as he breathes. 

He seems relatively active and is eating, but not voraciously.

Sunday:

24e3jhk.jpg

28t7r7a.jpg

Today (Tuesday):

2q20ndk.jpg

141urex.jpg

2eksqwx.jpg

of28ic.jpg

Tumor? Goiter? Parasite? Disease?  I'm not sure what to do.

The fish is in a 10G QT at the moment.

1 hour ago, RayWhisperer said:

WWM says it's most likely a goiter. Treat with iodine in food.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/tobyfdgfaqs.htm

Actually Bob messaged me on FB and said it could also be a parasite - isopod. Ghastly picture he linked me to on WWM too. eeeeks.

Scott Larson said that they are sensitive to ammonia and nitrites which may have happened as the QT setup is quite new. He is very skinny as well. Holy Carp is going to try and find live foods tomorrow and also prazi.

RayWhisperer
9 hours ago, metrokat said:

Actually Bob messaged me on FB and said it could also be a parasite - isopod. Ghastly picture he linked me to on WWM too. eeeeks.

Scott Larson said that they are sensitive to ammonia and nitrites which may have happened as the QT setup is quite new. He is very skinny as well. Holy Carp is going to try and find live foods tomorrow and also prazi.

How do I get a woman servant like you to do all this stuff for me? I could have her make posts for me, do research for me, make sammiches for me, clean the house for me, etc, etc.

5 hours ago, RayWhisperer said:

How do I get a woman servant like you to do all this stuff for me? I could have her make posts for me, do research for me, make sammiches for me, clean the house for me, etc, etc.

And whup your fat ass for being an ass. Yeah sign me up. 

Team Burt:

We started a prazipro treatment with new Prime-treated water yesterday evening, but unfortunately Burt didn't make it through the night. ? He hadn't been eating anymore and was getting thin fast, though he was still swimming around quite a bit last night. 

Thanks for everyone's help. 

Archived