Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

IM20 Fusion Nano. Which skimmers fit?

Rusty_uk

Hi all

Want to get a skimmer now, but reports say that the IM Desktop Ghost Skimmer is a bit noisy.  Anyone else got a decent quiet skimmer running in one of these tanks.

Note....Really want it to sit in the skimmer chamber though.  Not in the central return chamber.

Apparently the tunze 9001 is a bit too big which is a pity since this would have been my first choice :(

Cheers

R

do not smoke the reef(er)

check out my build in the signature, i made the tunzee 9001 fit in the IM nuvo 20 center chamber. You can also remove scaffolding and a put it on either side.

This thread has info on both of these options

• 2 weeks later...

The ghost is not noisy light sleeper & had it in my bedroom running.......but it is a bubble factory...mine made great skimmate but....never stopped with the bubbles...ever...after 2 months I gave up. I am skimmerless in my im 20g & my 10g. If you are set on not putting a skimmer in the center chamber pretty much whatever fits in the 10g nano version will fit in this tank as that chamber is the same size. I think the picoskim 2.0 fits (better doubble check).AquaticLife Internal Mini Skimmer 115 may fit(?) looks like it fits in a hob filter (?)The air driven skimmer for the biocube fits fine & that glass air driven one from (mame(?) should. I'm sure there are others see what others have in there 10g tanks. Warning I recommend multiple check valves & an elevated air pump for the air driven models I had a pump fail & it back siphoned half my 29g biocube all on my floor my check valve was bad.

I've bucked the trend and had no problems with my ghost skimmer.. after I turned the input around. It's in the media column backwards versus the instructions, and that seemed to clear all the micro-bubble problems up. As for noise, it's the loudest part of the tank, but I sleep through it like nothing (the tank is about three feet from the foot of my bed).

Archived