Coral Vue Hydros

The "Family 6", an adventure for all of us!

CharlesFoxtrot

6 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Are the little crawling things copepods or amphipods?

This was my immediate thought. 

As for the hairy stuff, we'd need a pic to really diagnose. 

I'd say google a pic of bryopsis to make sure it isn't that. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CharlesFoxtrot

Okay, the crawlies may in fact be pods, and I'm going to just believe that they are because I can think of no way to exterminate them. So it makes me feel better to think that they aren't a problem. :)

Googled bryopsis, and that doesn't really look like it. Tried to get a picture, but it's just like a long single hair, not like a bush or patch at all, and I can't get focus on it for a good usable pic. I cut the photoperiod by half since I have no corals, and it might be helping. I do think the single hair is some kind of algae, because it looks the tiniest bit feathery along just some parts of its length. Length is about 4 to 5 inches or so from where it's attached to the rocks to the hair's end. 

Any ideas on where I can find the really high test peroxide? Hardware stores don't seem to have it with the cleaning supplies, and nobody will ship it that I can find. What's its intended purpose, other than algae killing? 

Thanks for your advice, especially about the probably-pods, and sorry about the lack of picture on the hair. If anyone knows photography magic to get things in focus through glass and water, I'm willing to try it. 

Archived