inTank Media Baskets

Myster's 66

mystersyster

mystersyster

Added my order yesterday. Serious pecking order immediately became established even with lights out. 

My very large PJ Cardinal and Gramma pair were introduced to new tank mates.

2 Banghaii Cardinals

1 Harptail blenny

1 Link's goby

1 Blue-dashed blenny

2 Orange skunk clowns

One of my Cardinals has disappeared so hopefully he's just hiding. The blue dashed blenny is not happy and very scared thus far.

20180405_124408.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
mystersyster

I have been zeroing in on my alkalinity for some time. We're almost there... I'm going to try and keep it between 7.0 and 7.25. The kore 5th doser is proving to be very reliable and accurate. All 3 parts of my ATI essentials are being evenly dosed. I'm very happy about that. 

4/14: 124ppm/6.932 Dkh

4/15: 123/6.876 Dkh

4/17: 122/6.82 Dkh

I'm dosing 15.5 ml per day of each part. I'm going to boost it up to 15.75 and see ifit holds even steadier. Very minimal stony corals. My clams just suck up too much alk :angry:

• Like 1
mystersyster

Alkalinity seems locked at 125ppm or 6.988 Dkh! Very happy about that. Picked up a nice green slimer from a local reefer. And get this... florida cerith snails are laying eggs in my tank?! I've never been able to keep them alive, let alone have them laying eggs! :blink:

20180423_084638.thumb.jpg.c98661a64ec30c9ca170140abe9979c9.jpg

20180423_090851.thumb.jpg.32475f3d49f8d44cb2c481ac008e400e.jpg

20180418_171456.thumb.jpg.9b24b39ccb669730fb3501c53ce7941e.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
mystersyster

Had a disgusting alk spike over 12 days. 7.34 to 8.34. That's what I get for thinking it was stable. My only SPS tester frag has all of it's flesh falling off... sweet! My euphyllia and duncans love the tank though! They seem to be growing heads by the day... 😒

Also, I just found my blue dashed blenny dead as a doorknob under his rock. He showed zero signs he was going to die, and had been fattening up quite well. Ugh. 😞

Tank is dirty and I need to make some more filter socks. I have a bunch of school work and actual work to do as well. 

• Sad 3
Christopher Marks

Sorry to hear about the blenny @mystersyster 😞 

Don't beat yourself up over the Alk spike, it's good that you caught it. Just correct it slowly over the next week, you'll get back on track! Better to lose a test frag than a tank full. Have you figured out what caused the spike?

• Thanks 1
mystersyster
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

Sorry to hear about the blenny @mystersyster 😞 

Don't beat yourself up over the Alk spike, it's good that you caught it. Just correct it slowly over the next week, you'll get back on track! Better to lose a test frag than a tank full. Have you figured out what caused the spike?

My skunk clowns have relentlessly been harassing the two biggest clams. They don't like it anymore and have been closed up a lot. I'm thinking they are putting on less growth as a result. I can only speculate though. My dosing system is dosing at the same levels. 🤷‍♂️

mystersyster
On 5/26/2018 at 7:23 AM, Christopher Marks said:

Hmm, that's interesting too. Do they harass the clams during feeding time or just in general? Strange.

They will bite the frills on my largest desrasas mouth. If I keep them heavily fed they seem to leave those frills alone. 

• Like 1