Innovative Marine Aquariums

considering move from LED to T5

Canadianeh

I have Innovative Marine all in one 40 tank with 24" length, 20" height, and 14" width (display dimension)

Is 6 bulb ATI sunpower too big? I want to get the 6 bulb one just so if I upgrade to a bit bigger tank I can use it. I also worried that since the 6 bulb one is wider, it will hover on top of the back sump portion of the all in one tank which has the skimmer and other devices.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what do you guys think of the following bulb combination:

4 ATI Blue Plus
1 ATI Coral Plus
1 ATI Purple Plus

I also be adding 1x Reefbrite Tech LED Actinic Blue. 

I am looking for growth and eye catching, pop out color.

• 2 weeks later...

My ATI T5 and Reefbrite have arrived and I am excited to put them up.

Still waiting for my Cadlights Tree light though.

While waiting, to those who have 6 bulb ATI T5, can you please post your light order from front to back and picture of your DT :)?

I have 4 ATI blue plus, 1 Coral Plus, and 1 Purple Plus. Also, 1 Reefbrite XHO Blue Actinic.

Honestly, your corals are going to be happy with any bulb configuration. I'd suggest to start with staggering them. For example: Blue Plus, Purple Plus, Blue Plus, Blue Plus, Coral Plus, Blue Plus. But, visually you may find you prefer the bulbs in different positions. Your rock work and coral placement will also affect where you may prefer the bulbs. There is no wrong answer, really. I'd focus on getting 2 of the Blue Plus, the Purple Plus, and the Coral Plus to sit over the part of your scape where you anticipate to put the most coral, and let the other 2 Blue Plus fall where they may. Same with the XHO; put it where it makes the most sense for your particular setup.

You can always move things around if you don't like how they look.

20 hours ago, TJ_Burton said:

Honestly, your corals are going to be happy with any bulb configuration. I'd suggest to start with staggering them. For example: Blue Plus, Purple Plus, Blue Plus, Blue Plus, Coral Plus, Blue Plus. But, visually you may find you prefer the bulbs in different positions. Your rock work and coral placement will also affect where you may prefer the bulbs. There is no wrong answer, really. I'd focus on getting 2 of the Blue Plus, the Purple Plus, and the Coral Plus to sit over the part of your scape where you anticipate to put the most coral, and let the other 2 Blue Plus fall where they may. Same with the XHO; put it where it makes the most sense for your particular setup.

You can always move things around if you don't like how they look.

Thank you TJ! 

Archived