Innovative Marine Aquariums

2-Part dosing problems? We have the answer!

Randy_BRS

Thank God!

maybe sticky this in the water chemistry forum?

There seems to be an awful lot of 2 part and magnesium dosing questions lately. Maybe a basic beginners 2 part dosing video, too. 

flatlandreefer

I think everybody who doses 2 part takes it for granted but it can be confusing when first starting and wondering when to start. +1 for a sticky on basics of 2 part dosing 

Great video. 2 Part dosing is very confusing for some people. Myself included. I've never needed to dose until recently. I knew how to mix it. Know what my levels should be. Just didn't know the exact time I should dose. I got all my questions clarified before this video but this really does hammer it down even more firmly. I'm no pro but I'm on the track to keep my Alk and Calcium stable thanks to the help I've gotten from people here and in this video.

chipmunkofdoom2
2 hours ago, RayWhisperer said:

Thank God!

maybe sticky this in the water chemistry forum?

There seems to be an awful lot of 2 part and magnesium dosing questions lately. Maybe a basic beginners 2 part dosing video, too. 

Agreed, especially on the magnesium part.

For those asking, this is a great intro to two-part, from the BRS 160 series. Even covers the importance of magnesium:

I think the biggest issue is the directions on the bottle. Most folks go to the LFS, buy a set, then dose 1 ml of each, just as the directions say. It's quite an effort to convince them to test, then dose accordingly. Good thing I never read directions for anything!

Archived