ajkochev

.5 Gallon Cube Pico

For the last couple of weeks as I was cleaning the tank and realized I could make a small refugium in this tank in the blank area between the media and powerhead.  I made a cage out of craft sew netting and zip ties.  At first I puzzled what light to get then I remembered I'd kept the stock light this tank came with.  I cut the arm off with a Dremel and attached it with double sided tape.  So far working good.  I run it 18 hours a day, the opposite of the main light in the tank.

Yes I'm the Pee-Wee Herman of reef keeping but I love this little tank.  However, I'm thinking about getting the Aquamaxx 12x7x7 inch tank and making it a peninsula for an upgrade.

Refugium5-2018.jpg

• Like 6

You should definitely upgrade but keep this tank going too! 

I agree, this tiny pico is so cool, I'd hate to see it upgraded! Better start a second tank @ajkochev 😆

How is the pee-wee refugium working out?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

I agree, this tiny pico is so cool, I'd hate to see it upgraded! Better start a second tank @ajkochev 😆

How is the pee-wee refugium working out?

It has worked great.  Since starting it I've had no cyano in the main tank.  Other than algae on the glass, I consider myself lucky.

• Like 2

I hope my .5 gal turns out this well. Looks great.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2018 at 7:50 PM, ajkochev said:

The tanks looks really good tonight with just the RGB LEDs on.  5-5-2018

Tank5-5-2018.jpg

How is your pico reef cube doing these days @ajkochev, hopefully it's still up and running? Did you end up upgrading to a larger system? I love this little setup ❤️ 

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions