Top Shelf Aquatics

Some pictures of my 55 gallon

FishingInMyNano

FishingInMyNano

Heres an update on the ORA blue millepora. The part that was chipped off during shipping has grown back already. I only see it getting shaggy during night time.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FishingInMyNano
Originally posted by rock12

wow ! I hope my tank looks like yours someday!

thanks rock12, I appreciate it;)

heres another shot from the top

FishingInMyNano
Originally posted by corey0613

where are you getting your ORA frags from?? i have all those same pieces and then some. got mine from www.thelogicalreef.com . watchout, the chips acro's comeout AWESOME once they get going in your tank. looks good. what are you dosing??

Thanks corey0613! I got the frags from a local group buy directly from ORA. The chips acro is definately one of my favorites. I like it so much I got two.

I only dose 2 part Bionic and perform frequent water changes. I don't have the $ for a calcium reactor, but that's next on the list.

yeah, i think im gonna pick up another chips when i get some extra cash. i dose the b ionic also, and have had good results. i hear you about the CA reactor. ive been tucking money away for a while, but cant get myself to drop $400 some dollars for one on my little 25 gallon tank!!

• 3 weeks later...
FishingInMyNano
Originally posted by gavin123

What are the dimensions of your tank?

Hey Gavin, the dimensions are 36" x 15" x 23" What attracted me to this tank was the depth. Heres an updated picture of the tank. I did some re-arranging.

FishingInMyNano
Originally posted by Cesar

WOW dude, the tank is awesome. I wish my tank can look like that one day.

Thanks Cesar;) I'm pretty happy with how its working out. although Im tempted to switch out my AB 20k with a 14k, the ab seems a little to dim.

FishingInMyNano
Originally posted by FateX9

Nice tank buddy

love the zoos and the tort

and great job on the aquascaping

thanks FateX9...The tort is one of my favorites.

Heres a Green slimer that I had under PC for awhile and now is under MH

WOW! That blue tort looks so much better since it's been in your tank! Actually all your SPS look awesome.

I am officially jealous now...don't have the lights nor the $$$ to try SPS yet. But great job w/ yours!

FishingInMyNano
Originally posted by gavin123

Would you say that one 250 watt is enough light for the tank?

The 1 250w on a 36" tank works out well for me, I have high and low lighting areas.

That is so awesome Fishing,

I love it. That makes me feel a lot better about trying a 250W HQI over a 40g. (36")

... now if only I could find a pfo 250W HQI, anyone selling?

FishingInMyNano
Originally posted by bowfront26

That is so awesome Fishing,

I love it.  That makes me feel a lot better about trying a 250W HQI over a 40g. (36")

... now if only I could find a pfo 250W HQI, anyone selling?

I had the same question when I was setting the tank up. I didnt want to go overkill on the lights, because I wanted to avoid the need for a chiller. I have my tank open top and the temp still gets up to 80X)

Youll be fine with 1x250 DE. All my SPS and Clams are doing excellent and showing signs of growth.

Archived