Pod Your Reef

Post Your Zoanthid Pics!!!

speed_freak03

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still cannot get the macro to take close ups like you guys, but here it goes anyhow.

One of my favorites, actually a lemon yellow color:

3600Yellow-med.jpg

Another favorite, gray skirt and light pink center:

3600pinkgray-med.jpg

A mix of peach, lavender, red and blue:

3600mix-med.jpg

Pink:

3600Pink-med.jpg

Interesting hh, skyblue w/orange mouth:

3600skyblue-med.jpg

TopMix of various frags in pico:

3600topmix-med.jpg

Another in pico growing out:

3600picomix-med.jpg

If anyone can give me hints on how to take closer shots and work from the top, with the MH, that would be most appreciated. Most of my top shots, with the MH, are glared or you can see my hand shielding the light.

*edit* I found a few more photo's.

Orange/Green:

3600orangeGreen-med.jpg

Oranges:

http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/data/501/...0Orange-med.jpg

Lavender/Blue:

3600lavenderblue-med.jpg

GreenHair:

http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/data/501/...eenhair-med.jpg

Hey Skeletor,

where did you get those zoo's in the first two pics? I really like those! What type of lighting are you using (I'm assuming MH)? I got just PC's and my zoo's never look as cool as you folks w/ MH. ???

I just got these in this week. Bright orange (tho not so bright under my PC's) from coralsandbar.com and the green and blue frag from aquadesignz.com.

newzoo1.jpg

Under actinics:

newzoo2.jpg

hey Tigahboy,

yeah they are under a 70w MH (20K), I have some of those orange/yellow zoos and they do look great under MH..

all my zoos came on 1 rock I got from the LFS a couple of years back, the ones in the first 2 pics are really cool but there are only a few of them and I haven't been able to frag them yet..

-skeletor-

Wow THose are some nice looking zoos. The pet stores i go to in nyc all charge a lot of $$ for zoos. Just red sand polyps are $50.00. ANd multi colored zoos are usually super expensive. ANd the frags a small too.

well, I recently made 15 frags and the tank they are in is pretty much just for zoo's and zoo frags. I've already given some away locally, and some more are promised.. the rest will be made available to NR.com reefers soon.

-skeletor-

speed_freak03
Originally posted by Tigahboy

Hey speed,

where did you get those great lookin red zoo's in the very first pic?

The LFS. :P It was a frag in the bottom of there show tank with like 4 polyps on it, and i got it for like 3-5$.

speed_freak03

Well since tomorrow school starts back up, I decided to buy myself a going back to school present :P . I snagged a rock with a bunch of red and yellow/orange zoo's. Theres probely 30-40 reds, and 25-35 of the yellows, for only 15$!. Heres pics:

Red's

6608newcoolzoos.jpg

Yellow/orange's

6608newwcoolzoos.jpg

Man! You really get your frags for cheap! Even my LFS's here in LA charge way more for basically brown frags...I started school today as well. =(

The ones with the real orange center and green skirt are cool

I have those green and orange zoo's, but mine don't look so vibrant and bright...:( Prolly cuz I only have PC's?

Do you use MH's for your zoo's and what's the watts and K?

pictures are taken with Nikon 2100 and under 250w DE AB20k

FishingMyNano, your blue zoo's look great! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get those?

Wowzers, 250w. How long is your tank and how many gallons?

And EmbryoGuy, I think you got a very good deal on those blue zoo's (depending on how big they are of course).

Archived