inTank Media Baskets

My SPS experiences

tippmann03

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are 3 tank shots from a week or 2 ago...the toadstool isnt open in the first pic, and since these photos i've trimed back a bunch of zoos that were crowding the once blue acro, some more zoos around the green mushoom, and the the xenia in the front. and the xenia in the back has grown even more and the yuma in front is opening larger and larger daily. (it lost its once very bring colors and nearly died in my 46 gal for no apparent reason)

hope you like it...

matt the fiddler

nice nice nice//

you might try some mreo LR in there- make it tall-- you will haev mroe surface area for coral frags!!!!

ya if i did it again i would build the live rock so that it slanted up towards the back cause i loose space in the back as it is now. However the way i have it now does allow me to keep my frogspawn that i love to much in the back, out of the other corals' way. And at this point i dont really feel like moving all the corals to add more rock (alot of them are epoxy'd in).

nice . I'm glade you post I will be getting a orange digi and a purple tipped diaga in a few days. my lighting right now is 2x96w pc will be upgrade as soon as I make hood to 175w mh and 2x32w actinic retro kits. tank is a 20L

Originally posted by tippmann03

Does anyone use anything else to bring up the alk only?

Arm & Hammer Baking Soda with a little Washing Soda.

-skeletor-

alk part of bionic but baking soda works great and is "economical" ...

On the SPS note: i have 135W actinic PC and a 70W DE 10K halide ON my 20L 12" in deep tank and i dont have enough to keep an acro frag i recieved happy. mont digi and cap are doing well though but also they are a bit less light demanding. Calc 500+ Alk 10. that is my experience if i ever do anything SPS i will go at least 150DE.

Originally posted by tippmann03

The bright green slimer is now not quite so bright anymore and as with the tort, No growth so far, but it really hasn’t been that long a time yet to tell if it will grow or not.  Surviving #4

Hey tippmann, what kind of clam is that next to the sps in that pic? That color is really different! :o

FishingInMyNano
Originally posted by DarkXerox

Hey tippmann, what kind of clam is that next to the sps in that pic?  That color is really different!  :o

I think the SPS you speak of in the sand is a candycane, and the clam looks to be a Crocea.

that is a LPS Candy Cane in the sand, and it is a crocea. There is also another 1 inch clam, Maxima, next to the green acro in the back, buts its heard to see.

so thats a pink colored maxima next to the green slimer? Wow, all I have ever seen are the normal bluish ones and the occasional black one.

So what do you feed them since they're under PC lighting? Just phytoplankton and such?

Actually its just about the same color as the crocea, but in the pic the mantel isnt fully extended so it kinda looks pink. I feed DT's phyto once or twice a week.

Does the Aqua-Clear surface skimmer slip right onto the Whisper filter's intake tube or did you have to do any mods to make it fit?

Archived