ReefCleaners.org

NEED SOME BLUEFISH ADVICE ASAP (new question pg 2)

aviator300

aviator300

I've purchased several of Daves lights over the last couple years and when the Bluefish mini became standard, I have continued to order mine with the Storm controller until now. WHY, Because I'm an old guy who grew up well before the computer age. I adapt to new technology and learn it when needed for my career or to make life livable but it's not second nature to me like it is to many of you who have never had to use a rotary dial phone or actually get up and walk to the TV to change the 5 or 6 channels you had.

I, on the other hand, didn't know the difference between a SIM card and a PLAYING card until a few years ago.

Anyway, enough of my complaining so here are my questions.

I know I have a wireless router because it says on it "Xfinity dual band wifi", but since my computer is hard wired into it, I have no idea what my password is or where to find it?

Also, when unpacking the Bluefish mini, I removed the little white thing that I thought was some kind of shipping label or something only to notice that it's some kind of computer card/chip that I assume needs to go back in but I cant remember which side is up?

I was watching Daves quick start video and sort of understand it but I need to know how the white card goes back in and how to locate the wireless routers password.

Thanks for any help I can get.

FlowerMama

You'll probably have to reach out to your wireless company for the password.

And is this what you mean?

20160406_185849_zpstgljqzdf.jpg

Anyway, enough of my complaining so here are my questions.

I know I have a wireless router because it says on it "Xfinity dual band wifi", but since my computer is hard wired into it, I have no idea what my password is or where to find it?

Look on the bottom of your router. Comcast typically puts a label there that includes the password. The name of your network will be labeled as the "SSID" or "network name" and the password will be labeled as the "network key".

aviator300

You'll probably have to reach out to your wireless company for the password.

And is this what you mean?

20160406_185849_zpstgljqzdf.jpg

Boy, you get around don't ya. Yes and I figured it out all by my little self Hahah. I found a series of words and numbers on the back plate of the router that is labeled "PASSWORD". ya don't suppose that could be it do ya??

Look on the bottom of your router. Comcast typically puts a label there that includes the password. The name of your network will be labeled as the "SSID" or "network name" and the password will be labeled as the "network key".

Thank you very much. I'm starting to figure this out.

FlowerMama

I already had a previous pic made early on when I was taking pics of the light when I first got it. All the parts of it.

I already had a previous pic made early on when I was taking pics of the light when I first got it. All the parts of it.

Your OCD shames mine!

FlowerMama

No ocd, though I wish I had some, I seriously went like 5 wks without a water change in my biggest newest tank.

aviator300

I am getting pretty frustrated trying to connect (blink up) to my phone.

I have a 3 year old Samsung SG3 and I was able to connect it to my WiFi without any problems but for the life of me, I cant blink up with Bluefish. I'm not even sure I'm doing it right but here is what im doing.

I log my phone into the router and it says (connected)

I make sure the phone is charged and power saver and auto screen brightness is off with screen set to 100%.

I plug in Bluefish and it slow flashes orange.

On my phones WiFi screen I press scan and hold phone to Bluefish as in Daves quick start video.

Bluefish continues slow flashing orange which I believe indicates no signal.

I tried this over and over for a couple hours with no luck. I rebooted, reconnected, rechecked everything many times. I tried it with lights on, lights off and in different positions. What am I doing wrong?

Anyone out there who owns a Samsung SG3 or anyone else have any ideas. Right now I have this beautiful new DUO that I can't use and I'm wishing I ordered it with the old tried and true Storm like my others but I wanted to try technology.

I am getting pretty frustrated trying to connect (blink up) to my phone.

I have a 3 year old Samsung SG3 and I was able to connect it to my WiFi without any problems but for the life of me, I cant blink up with Bluefish. I'm not even sure I'm doing it right but here is what im doing.

I log my phone into the router and it says (connected)

I make sure the phone is charged and power saver and auto screen brightness is off with screen set to 100%.

I plug in Bluefish and it slow flashes orange.

On my phones WiFi screen I press scan and hold phone to Bluefish as in Daves quick start video.

Bluefish continues slow flashing orange which I believe indicates no signal.

I tried this over and over for a couple hours with no luck. I rebooted, reconnected, rechecked everything many times. I tried it with lights on, lights off and in different positions. What am I doing wrong?

Anyone out there who owns a Samsung SG3 or anyone else have any ideas. Right now I have this beautiful new DUO that I can't use and I'm wishing I ordered it with the old tried and true Storm like my others but I wanted to try technology.

When you open the Bluefish APP you need to....

• Open Bluefish APP
  • Login Bluefish using your Bluefish username & password
  • Once APP opens, click the top right icon. This looks like a gear
  • Click WIFI Setup
  • Click Configure BlinkUp
  • Select your WIFI and put in your WIFI password, select remember password
  • Click BlinkUp and connect to Bluefish

-Dave

And make sure you push in that sd card looking guy on the driver box (it should lock in place) Forgot to do that on mine at first, then I had zero issues setting it up.

aviator300

When you open the Bluefish APP you need to....

• Open Bluefish APP
  • Login Bluefish using your Bluefish username & password
  • Once APP opens, click the top right icon. This looks like a gear
  • Click WIFI Setup
  • Click Configure BlinkUp
  • Select your WIFI and put in your WIFI password, select remember password
  • Click BlinkUp and connect to Bluefish

-Dave

When you say to open the Bluefish APP, I assume your saying that there is some kind of an online app that I need to go to first? I searched all the Bluefish instruction posts on your site but can find nothing that directs me to go to a bluefish app before connecting my phone to the controller. Please direct me Dave. Thanks

When you say to open the Bluefish APP, I assume your saying that there is some kind of an online app that I need to go to first? I searched all the Bluefish instruction posts on your site but can find nothing that directs me to go to a bluefish app before connecting my phone to the controller. Please direct me Dave. Thanks

Yes you need to download the APP. You go to Google Play, then search Bluefish.

Installing the APP...

http://aquarium-led-controller.com/user-guide/

How To :

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/367284-nanobox-how-to-bluefish-tideduoquad-series/

aviator300

I was finally able to connect Bluefish but now I'm having trouble with the app that might be related to my Android phone.. Does anyone out there have success with Bluefish using a Samsung Galaxy 3 phone? I'd sure like to hear from you.

I am using a SG4 with bluefish. I have issues off and on with the "report a problem" or whatever it is popping up constantly. I have to close all apps and restart my phone and that usually solves it. As an "older" person myself, I kniw I don't have the intuitive grasp of computer tech that most youngsters do, so I feel your pain!

I am waiting to hear back from Spencer on the Android software question.

I was finally able to connect Bluefish but now I'm having trouble with the app that might be related to my Android phone.. Does anyone out there have success with Bluefish using a Samsung Galaxy 3 phone? I'd sure like to hear from you.

Normally report a problem is caused by shaking the phone. Is this just happening on its own?

I am using a SG4 with bluefish. I have issues off and on with the "report a problem" or whatever it is popping up constantly. I have to close all apps and restart my phone and that usually solves it. As an "older" person myself, I kniw I don't have the intuitive grasp of computer tech that most youngsters do, so I feel your pain!

I am waiting to hear back from Spencer on the Android software question.

Normally report a problem is caused by shaking the phone. Is this just happening on its own?

Spencer checked into it for me, as I was afraid my phone was just too old, but it appears to be just a quirk with my phone - or my shaky hands? It was almost constant at first but now it only happens occasionally.

Spencer checked into it for me, as I was afraid my phone was just too old, but it appears to be just a quirk with my phone - or my shaky hands? It was almost constant at first but now it only happens occasionally.

Good to know. Just keep it on the table while adjusting ;)

Good to know. Just keep it on the table while adjusting ;)

I usually do, but can even use it in hand now at times. Familial tremors - everyone in my family develops it starting in teen years. We do not use white tablecloths at family gatherings ;-).

aviator300

I have a Samsung3, I've never had to restart it once I was connected.

I have talked to Dave quite a bit and he tells me the only time he's had an issue like mine, the Android contained outdated technology but you say you are using an SG3 successfully? That's good to know. dave is going to speak with spencer from Bluefish to see if there is a fix for my issue.

I have talked to Dave quite a bit and he tells me the only time he's had an issue like mine, the Android contained outdated technology but you say you are using an SG3 successfully? That's good to know. dave is going to speak with spencer from Bluefish to see if there is a fix for my issue.

From Spencer...

" Swipe down from the top, tap "settings" or gear icon, tap "more", tap "about device" and then tap "software update". We believe your phone is just out of date on software updates.

-Dave

aviator300

From Spencer...

" Swipe down from the top, tap "settings" or gear icon, tap "more", tap "about device" and then tap "software update". We believe your phone is just out of date on software updates.

-Dave

Hey David, by now you probably think I forgot to take my medication the last few days but this is what really happened yesterday.

I was adding oil to my van and my wife was in a big hurry so she was using my phone as a light source under the hood. When done, she must have left the phone under the hood because as she drove away I noticed I had no phone.

Fast forward to today: I just spent all morning programing my new Samsung SG7 phone and bluefish works great.

I'm going to program the DUO later today and I wonder if you could advise me what light settings to use on the Bluefish to achieve the same color and intensity I currently have using the Storm on my Tide.

STORM SETTINGS. Channel 1 blues 200

2 whts 60

Also, at these settings what is the minimum fan speed you would recommend?

aviator300

I have a Samsung3, I've never had to restart it once I was connected.

Not what I had planned but problem resolved..Thanks for following and have a great afternoon.

Hey David, by now you probably think I forgot to take my medication the last few days but this is what really happened yesterday.

I was adding oil to my van and my wife was in a big hurry so she was using my phone as a light source under the hood. When done, she must have left the phone under the hood because as she drove away I noticed I had no phone.

Fast forward to today: I just spent all morning programing my new Samsung SG7 phone and bluefish works great.

I'm going to program the DUO later today and I wonder if you could advise me what light settings to use on the Bluefish to achieve the same color and intensity I currently have using the Storm on my Tide.

STORM SETTINGS. Channel 1 blues 200

2 whts 60

Also, at these settings what is the minimum fan speed you would recommend?

Go to Quick Start, NanoBox, Duo. Then adjust your look from there. 70% blue - 30% white.

-D

FlowerMama

SG7? how much more fancy is it than the 3? What are the major differences? I only got the 3 in 2013 and I had to pay full price because I just do the $45 plan for Straight Talk w/ Walmart. I have no funds to buy a new phone but I definitely still want to hear about the 7 from you.

Archived