Innovative Marine Aquariums

Turning over a new Reef...

D Z

Reefkid88

Nah,it looks perfect with the 2 islands. Makes sense,i can see that being a nice place for it. Sounds good man just let me know we can do that.

Im still curious on how good that lights gonna work out man. It looks killer. I wonder what the par is like in such a shallow tank.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah,it looks perfect with the 2 islands. Makes sense,i can see that being a nice place for it. Sounds good man just let me know we can do that.

Im still curious on how good that lights gonna work out man. It looks killer. I wonder what the par is like in such a shallow tank.

So far I like the light. It took me a bit to get the programming right but I think I finally have it dialed down now. It honestly seems plenty bright enough for such a shallow tank. I may try to borrow a par meter at some point.

I think I am actually gonna even get my acros back from Alex at some point. Im planning on mounting them all to the top of the right hand island. I have a pink lemonade, red wine, green granulosa, red planet, and may add a couple more to that list. They have been growing great in his tank and are border line mini colonies at this point.

In addition to everything I have in my frag tank, it shouldnt take me long to fill this thing up!

Reefkid88

Maybe alex can get you one,im sure par is decent especially on the bottom of the tank.

Im sure they are,thays crazy. Get some updated pics and text em to me if you can,id love to see how big they are now. I seriously miss having sps ...

Maybe alex can get you one,im sure par is decent especially on the bottom of the tank.

Im sure they are,thays crazy. Get some updated pics and text em to me if you can,id love to see how big they are now. I seriously miss having sps ...

Yeah Alex probably has one. Ill see if I can borrow it at some point. Ill see what I can do about the acro pics.

I did move over some more frags from the garage tank. Coming along nicely. Need some time to glue some stuff down but other than Im loving the new tank! It was towards the end of the night so pics were pretty blue but the coral was straight poppin!

26672512600_90722bec66_k.jpg12L-21 by cchsoracle, on Flickr

26912368766_3916f37c92_k.jpg12L-18 by cchsoracle, on Flickr

26851586872_7bed71a532_k.jpg12L-17 by cchsoracle, on Flickr

26946085095_fe46d071c6_k.jpg12L-16 by cchsoracle, on Flickr

26672542700_55ec6e2271_k.jpg12L-15 by cchsoracle, on Flickr

26340464164_12efb85f88_k.jpg12L-20 by cchsoracle, on Flickr

26912363736_6dbc0bf41b_k.jpg12L-19 by cchsoracle, on Flickr

Oh and check out part 1 of my review on the Aquamaxx tank and nemolight:

http://blog.marinedepot.com/2016/05/aquamaxx-12-gallon-long-rimless-aquarium-nemolight-aquamarine-led-light-review-part-1.html?m=1

MD post a article by Reef Builders about the party on this,didn't seem to bad for the leds being used. I'd still snag one from Alex and test anyways. Have you been to TSA lately ?

very nice!! love the scape too.

Thanks bud!

MD post a article by Reef Builders about the party on this,didn't seem to bad for the leds being used. I'd still snag one from Alex and test anyways. Have you been to TSA lately ?

Ill have to look for that article. Was it recent?

Oh and no I havnt been to tsa in about a month or so.

very nice build and write up.

looking forward to part 2..

I am have thinking about the same lights for a project tank. cant decide if I want a 20L or 40br.

lets us know when you have an update.

very nice build and write up.

looking forward to part 2..

I am have thinking about the same lights for a project tank. cant decide if I want a 20L or 40br.

lets us know when you have an update.

Thanks for the kind words! It has been a fun build so far. I just got some corals mounted last night so more pics soon.

Unless you are planning on all lower light corals, I dont know if I would use the nemolight over a 40B. The 20L would work as it is shorter, but the depth of the 40B would def make it tough.

Hey, nice build. I love how clean and sleek everything looks. Clever thread name too!

Thanks! Im hoping to keep it nice and open and clean without overdoing it with frags, but you know how that goes. Lol Ive had that thread title in mind for about 6 months now!

Big fan of the scape. Good stuff.

Thanks...cant beat a nice bommie style shallow reef!

very nice!! love the scape too.

Thanks bud....its got nothing on your new scape in the reefer tho!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Going through a nasty new tank phase right now. Did the first WC on the tank over the weekend. Went pretty well but somehow lost my cleaner shrimp in the process. Not sure if it was related to the WC or not. Salinity is spot on so not sure what else could have caused it.

Quick cell phone shot. Ill take some better pics once this ugly stage has passed.

27342237055_77fedb253b_k.jpg2016-05-30_12-10-46 by cchsoracle, on Flickr

Im digging it man. Everything just glows with that light.

Awesome job so far. That pic makes the tank look way bigger than a 12.

Looks great from a distance :)

Thanks guys. So I stopped by TSA today to get some pods to seed the tank with and ended up buying a nice RBTA! My clowns have been begging for a host for some time now so I hope they take to it and start leaving my poor duncans alone. Pics to come.

Which one did ya get ? When I was in there 2 weekends ago they had really nice ones,I just could spend the money on one and it die lol.

this tanks looking really nice! Love your rics.

Thank you! I definitely have a soft spot for rics.

Which one did ya get ? When I was in there 2 weekends ago they had really nice ones,I just could spend the money on one and it die lol.

This one....and it came with a little hitchhiker!

27316631181_99f4e409be_k.jpg2016-05-31_10-57-59 by cchsoracle, on Flickr

Now if I can just get it to stay on its damn rock. It keeps walking across the 2" or so of sand to the glass...

Well the nem didnt stay on the rock last night. This morning I found it up on the AIO insert, in the corner right under the return. Not sure what to do with it at this point. I may peel it off the glass to night and try putting it back on the rock and wrap some netting around it and the rock to keep it there. Anyone have any other ideas?

NICE !!!! They had one the size of a quarter but still wanted to charge me $70 so i didnt bite.

Maybe just give it a few more days and see where it moves too.

Archived