Coral Vue Hydros

DST time change?

JCase

Not sure if I should post this here or in NanoBox, I figure it's controller related so going to start here...

With the Daylight savings time change my lighting is an hour behind.

I can't figure out how to fix the time?

Thanks,

JCase

jedimasterben

Thank you, I presume there is no setting for it to automatically change for DST?

No, because DST doesn't exist in most of the world, and less and less countries, states, counties, etc are using DST.

No, because DST doesn't exist in most of the world, and less and less countries, states, counties, etc are using DST.

It actually exists in much of the world that uses the bluefish controller.

Summer daytime, I believe is the real time, or was that winter..... I forget.

My husband says South africa does not use DST. So sunrises at like 6am and sets 6pm. He still finds its strange for it to be daylight at 9pm.

Summer daytime, I believe is the real time, or was that winter..... I forget.

My husband says South africa does not use DST. So sunrises at like 6am and sets 6pm. He still finds its strange for it to be daylight at 9pm.

They should actually invert it. Let's have sunset at 6:30 in the winter and 7:30 in the summer, I.e. make standard time most of the year, daylight savings in the winter.

Can't really invert it, since the cycle of the earth changes the length of the day, depending on its tilt toward the sun/season. Where we are, day is a lot shorter in the winter than summer . If they'd leave it alone, then perhaps it'llbe okay. Which is why, some parts of canada and russia are in darkness half the year, and another part of the year the sun never sets.

edit: for south africa it is standard, it doesn't change much at all.

Well day light saving came about back in the day when farmers had to work the fields with out tractors covered in flood lights and the idea was in the shorter winter days you could still start early and see what your doing. I'm in the UK and I'm pretty sure all of Europe still runs day light savings, just because you Americans gave it up doesn't mean it no longer exists lol.

jedimasterben

Well day light saving came about back in the day when farmers had to work the fields with out tractors covered in flood lights and the idea was in the shorter winter days you could still start early and see what your doing. I'm in the UK and I'm pretty sure all of Europe still runs day light savings, just because you Americans gave it up doesn't mean it no longer exists lol.

Archived