Cultivated Reef

Acros Is for the Amorous....

basser1

I've only paid 200$ one time.. The rest of them was 100$ or less.. Maybe one or two barely over that.. But I also live in bfe so if I want coral all mine had to be shipped.. No LFS. Around here, ask Basser

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will never pay the price of a home wrecker.. 200$ is my limit no matter how nice it is and I have to talk myself into that

Lol I have the PC rainbow from him also

The PC rainbow is great.

Thanks to FedEx taking significantly longer than expected my WD browned out some. Pretty bummed out about it. I'll just have to work on keeping my nutrients low. I'm hoping that it doesn't take too long to have the colors recover. The Male browned out slightly but not as bad. Still has some good color. I expect that one to bounce back pretty quickly.

Probably do another order in the next week or two once my heart recovers from the browning lol.

$200 per inch is over my limit haha I would say $50.

I never thought I would spend as much as I have with a couple of pieces that I have. I don't expect to spend that again either but I look at this hobby like any hobby. If you fall in love with a piece and you have the funds to do so then why not splurge. There could be worse things we can be spending our money on.

You guys are lucky. Where I live there is no 10:30 guarantee in bfe :) I get my orders whenever they get to my town, which is most of the time about 2pm for FedEx or after 4 for ups

You guys are lucky. Where I live there is no 10:30 guarantee in bfe :) I get my orders whenever they get to my town, which is most of the time about 2pm for FedEx or after 4 for ups

I received mine yesterday at 4:30 from FedEx. It might be a "guarantee" in writing but lately they've been pretty terrible.

As promised.. These are my newest additions. I'm still playing around with the new camera but so far the shots are coming out incredible. My WD is still recuperating from the shipping but its brightening up quick.

WD

DSC00594.jpg

CB Maleficent

DSC00596.jpg

That CB would look a while lot better in my tank :P

+1 on that one haha.

One of my buddies has a large tank system (Around 1000g I think now) and said he couldn't believe both of those pieces were sitting in a biocube.

All of mine is sitting in a jbj 20L with the false wall yanked out, frosted back and dumped with a mame overflow

Do you have a build thread? I would love to see that.

I'm interested in adding acros to my 2.25g display (w/10g sump). I'm not runnin a skimmer but I do weekly 4g water changes. I would like to do acros that 1) table, 2) I can keep alive in my system, 3) are colorful, and 4) are aquacultured. Any suggestions? Oh, and the growth form needs to look good in my tank; thinking fine branches would look best.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in adding acros to my 2.25g display (w/10g sump). I'm not runnin a skimmer but I do weekly 4g water changes. I would like to do acros that 1) table, 2) I can keep alive in my system, 3) are colorful, and 4) are aquacultured. Any suggestions? Oh, and the growth form needs to look good in my tank; thinking fine branches would look best.

What corals do you have in there now if any? In that small of a display the amount of flow required for an SPS tank would mean you can only keep SPS in there. Definitely something to consider.

I added a few new pieces... Garf Bonsai, TSA Princess peach, TSA Flaming Shortcake and RR Orange Passion to my tank. All are doing incredibly well with crazy PE. I threw some pictures of them on my build thread but here's one. This is 5 minutes after placing it in my tank.

B316A1BC-659D-4ECE-B45B-17965FAC4042.jpg

Someone been shopping at my supplier!

Haha yeah. I can't seem to help myself. Although, taking a break from shopping now. I want to see how everything matures in the next couple of months.

What corals do you have in there now if any? In that small of a display the amount of flow required for an SPS tank would mean you can only keep SPS in there. Definitely something to consider.I added a few new pieces... Garf Bonsai, TSA Princess peach, TSA Flaming Shortcake and RR Orange Passion to my tank. All are doing incredibly well with crazy PE. I threw some pictures of them on my build thread but here's one. This is 5 minutes after placing it in my tank.

B316A1BC-659D-4ECE-B45B-17965FAC4042.jpg

Nice! And I'll check out your thread.

Poecillopora, seriatopora (burnt/bleached but coming back), blastomussa marletti, encrusting monti is what I have so far. I'm going through severe algae now since it's a new system so it'll be a bit before adding additional frags. I toasted zoas with the lighting. I've never had a problem where the lighting was too intense!

Why did this turn into a "show us your nub" thread? :) Let's see some colonies that have been grown for a while.

If you know anything about my tank you'll appreciate how rugged this Lokani is.

anOsWlw.jpg

HarryPotter

This one "used to be" a green millipora

IMG_5954_zps0urw3l3v.jpg

Didn't grow this colony but bought it large

IMG_5957_zpse5un8g9c.jpg

Green milli

IMG_5953_zpsjlzagky2.jpg

And gold milli

IMG_5955_zps7aixy2rr.jpg

Why did this turn into a "show us your nub" thread? :) Let's see some colonies that have been grown for a while.

If you know anything about my tank you'll appreciate how rugged this Lokani is.

anOsWlw.jpg

that Lokani is awesome, I have one that won't grow and barely color up. Been in the same spot down low for almost a year, guess it should get moved up. Nubs are the new craze, everyone is doing it

This one "used to be" a green millipora

IMG_5954_zps0urw3l3v.jpg

Didn't grow this colony but bought it large

IMG_5957_zpse5un8g9c.jpg

Green milli

IMG_5953_zpsjlzagky2.jpg

And gold milli

IMG_5955_zps7aixy2rr.jpg

that's crazy, looks like you turned a green millepora into a tenuis

HarryPotter

that Lokani is awesome, I have one that won't grow and barely color up. Been in the same spot down low for almost a year, guess it should get moved up. Nubs are the new craze, everyone is doing it

that's crazy, looks like you turned a green millepora into a tenuis

Haha I bought it as a Millipora at a local fish store, was a joke earlier. I know its a Tenius :)

here's a few more nubs, that had some time to grow

26760949915_8f3dd8cf61_z.jpgDSC_0001 by daddeee, on Flickr

26157438043_f2b5732e14_z.jpgDSC_0003 by daddeee, on Flickr

26155358134_db08a3e82d_z.jpgDSC_0004 by daddeee, on Flickr

26735762026_f163f6798e_z.jpgDSC_0005 by daddeee, on Flickr

26667560242_ccf8bbc5b2_z.jpgDSC_0015 by daddeee, on Flickr

26760939525_0db40d8ccb_z.jpgDSC_0010 by daddeee, on Flickr

26735754556_de4d37be4f_z.jpgDSC_0011 by daddeee, on Flickr

26667568222_a4af651963_z.jpgDSC_0012 by daddeee, on Flickr

26735747246_871732c947_z.jpgDSC_0014 by daddeee, on Flickr

26157424983_705f312dc3_z.jpgDSC_0009 by daddeee, on Flickr

Haha I bought it as a Millipora at a local fish store, was a joke earlier. I know its a Tenius :)

that's a nice tenuis

here's a few more nubs, that had some time to grow

Awesome, nice to see some colonies.

The Lokani seems to like a lot of light, that's why I prefer to call these smooth skin rather than deep water. Mine seems impervious to high PO4, high NO3, and other issues that have killed some of my "easier" corals.

Archived