SaltCritters.com

Aviators IM Fusion 20 ( New photos 08/17)

aviator300

jedimasterben

Thanks for the reply. I read up on both species after seeing your post and I agree with Radians also. Its range seems to match Dans operating area a little better and the form looks just like what I have. I can't really tell if it's dead or alive but it is slightly spongy and when I put it in the tank, several pea size areas appeared to plump up and protrude from the surface a little. Time will tell.

It's probably alive and will make it, they're ultra hardy corals - though get SUPER big if they like you lol.

Just don't put them near an A. echinata, otherwise they go from this

IMG_6823.jpg

to this

IMG_9304.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to know more about the auto aqua micro. I almost ordered one this weekend

I had the standard one about a year ago and it worked great. Mine will be here UPS on friday

It's probably alive and will make it, they're ultra hardy corals - though get SUPER big if they like you lol.

IMG_6823.jpg

to this

IMG_9304.jpg

Looks like something from a darn monster movie. Kinda looks like the monster from the move "Super 8" only without the big teeth.

I believe this is just your run of the mill yellow sponge on my LR but I want other opinions also.. I'm not really familiar with these so is it a good idea to keep it or not? I know they grow and grow but is this variety particularly invasive? It's about 1/2" across.

20160322_143744_zpspp51qzth.jpg

20160322_143549_zpsofasvzbx.jpg

Found a good livestock LFS today.(Aquatic Dreams) about 12 miles from me. They don't have a lot of odds and ends that you need on a moments notice as far as hardware goes but their fish and coral tanks are some of the cleanest I've seen. I looked very carefully and could not see any hint of algae, pests, etc. They had a special on Coral and I picked up a Ricordia frag, a Zoa frag with at least 10 polyps on it and a Zoa colony on a rock (50 or more polyps and about 4" in dia) for $65.00. They all looked clean as a whistle. I'll post pics tomorrow but for now, I need to get them in my quarantine tank.

NO NO NO, not already.

Received the live rock from "Gulf Live Rock" and started the tank only 8 days ago and discovered this just yesterday. I checked the rock very carefully when it arrived and saw nothing then but here it is. The hair thin stalks contain a single filament that branches on the tip into what looks like a 3 pronged trident..Is it bryopsis or hair algae. So far I can only see it on a 2" area of the rock.

I love the rock but am afraid that if it's in one place, it's in many others. Suggestions needed PLEASE.

This photo is only about 1.5" area

20160324_005405_zps4s69omfe.jpg

Forrest I would not worry. With the live rock in your tank should cycle fast.

I would start planning your clean up crew.

my 2 cents

Barry

I agree with both you guys. I'm ordering a clean up crew today from the mathematically challenged vendor we all love. Hahah.

The two turbo snails I put in three days ago are really making a dent in the diatom bloom that has coverred the rocks and the rest of my CUC should arrive from Reef Cleaners by Wed.

Placed an order for several Zoa frags from Legendary Corals tonight. I'm having them shipped next Monday. I've heard this vendor has some of the best coral around but we shall see.

IMG_6823.jpg

to this

IMG_9304.jpg

That looks like Spielberg's War of the Worlds alien vehicle to me.

That looks like Spielberg's War of the Worlds alien vehicle to me.

I'm telling you, that's the scariest coral pic I've seen. Somebody ought to use it as their avatar.

How's your rock coming along? Has it been a week now?

Yep, just about a week. Not a whole bunch of life yet other than 3 clams, some Halimeda and tons of Coraline. I do have a couple very small Anemones on the rock that most folks would think are Aptasia but from my experience with this rock, They are some kind of wild Anemone that get very big and aggressive looking. This is a pic of one that came on a prior order of rock from Gulf Live Rock. It started just like the ones I have now (only about 5mm tall) but grew into this in just 6 months.

20150531_192832_zpssrofffms.jpg

This thing was about a full 3" tall and would RIP large chunks of raw shrimp or hamburger meat right out of my feeding tongs. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with the 2 babies I have now but I'm going to let them grow a little before I take any action.

As far as that hair algae or Bryopsis I had on the rocks go, it is history since the Turbo snails have been in.

Archived