ReefCleaners.org

BelowH2O's 10 gallon AGA

BelowH2O

3G: PM me about a trade, the ricordia should be fully attached to the frag over the weekend. BTW, I checked out AquaTek today. I really was unhappy with all the livestock, except for a few frags in their display tanks that they would not part with (oh well) so I went to Austin Aqua Dome and picked up a Blastomussa Frag. Its in the process of acclimation as I speak. I'll try to post pics soon!

~BH20

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got a chance to change my bulbs out. The bulbs I had in there were pretty old and starting to dim. Purchased two Coralife 10k's and one Coralife actinic. Everything seems to love the blue spectrum especially my brown with orange and metallic green zoos!

very cool looking tank!!

i like how you dont have so much LR,

im trying to get everything together on what i need to buy to start a 10 gal AGA, im stil not sure on the powerhead tho, im looking at the RIO 400 or the maxi-jet 400

agian, very nice nano!

Smokez01: Thanks for the comments. I decided on the Rio pumps because I have always had very good experience with them. The only reason I would change them is if I found a smaller sized pump with the same reliability and output.

Dr.Saltwater: Nope, no skimmer. I feel that a skimmer would export too many of the good nutrients in such a small tank, and as I don't believe in heavy dosing, my solution is to do regular water changes and filter matinence. Seems to be working well so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I'm at my five month mark now and everything is going pretty smoothly. I have stumbled across a couple good deals on frags and changed a bunch of stuff around, including adding 2 1/2 pounds of LR and a new purple firefish. Sadly around three weeks ago my six-line died of unknown causes, he will be sorely missed. Anyways, other than some minor PH issues and a little bryopsis, everything is good...on to the pictures!

Brown Palythoa, these actually have some green in them, but one would never know by this shot. Got them included in a little pack of frags I got for 7.99 from Austin Aquadome. All these frags were pretty small but I got some really cool zoas, orange skirts, pinks, purple w/green mouth, etc...plus a couple mushrooms.

Marlooney: Thanks for dropping by, I am right at the point where I'm about to upgrade lighting. The 60 watts of NO provide nice spectrum and all the corals are doing well, but I feel they could use a little lighting boost. I have always thought of adding a powerquad, but lately I have been considering adding a 70 watt Halide along with two NO or PC bulbs...Any suggestions, places to buy cheap retros, links, etc???

Phil: Nice to see you back, I am trying to keep updated, should have a load of new pics up soon, also I got a new blasto so the pics will definetly be more interesting this time!

~BH20

These were brown with a faint hint of green and purple when I got them, hopefully they will color up more than they already have!

Archived