inTank Media Baskets

Polarcollision's Dwarf Seahorses

Polarcollision

Oh man, these babies are going to be the most adorable thing on earth, aren't they? I can't imagine the tiny size of food they will need though.

Polarcollision

Oh man, these babies are going to be the most adorable thing on earth, aren't they? I can't imagine the tiny size of food they will need though.

Have been hoping for this since day one! So excited! Luckily they eat BBS and copepods just like their parents from the start.

Would you show me your feed hatching or control system that's the reason I haven't done these, decap work hassles and such. Any hq bottled feeds y'all know of for zosterae what's the lowest work arrangement setup possible that will accurately feed 5-10 zosterae refrigerated bottle something being ideal

Would you show me your feed hatching or control system that's the reason I haven't done these, decap work hassles and such. Any hq bottled feeds y'all know of for zosterae what's the lowest work arrangement setup possible that will accurately feed 5-10 zosterae refrigerated bottle something being ideal

We need to gang up on Polar to start producing these for sale...

That is so exciting that babies are coming soon. Baby seahorses are adorable. I can't even imagine how little they must when they are born.

FlowLikeWater

Polar - what is that coral on the far right with the neon centers?

It's a cool GSP I found locally. Love the texture of it!

It looks like GSP is far left, on the far right looks like clove polyps.

Polarcollision

It looks like GSP is far left, on the far right looks like clove polyps.

Definitely GSP on the far right. Both sides actually. I grabbed it specifically because it was unique from anything I'd seen before.

Polarcollision

Live BBS, as soon as they're hatched are the most nutritious form of BBS. BUT. big 'but' here--they do not contain an essential fatty acid. Copepods are their native food, so if you're going to spend the time culturing something, go that route. Otherwise people save off a efw bs to enrich with spirulina. I'm leaving dense ochtodes and some hair algae to encourage copepod and amphipod reproduction in the tank. The hatchery releases a steady stream of BBS and I add one scoop of cysts a day. Lately I have to clean the hatchery twice a week, but that's better than hatching and feeding BBS 3x/ day. Nothing refrigerated so far. I keep looking for an option to chill a single can reliably, but no dice yet.

Hey there- just found this thread! Awesome! Look at you updating regularly I like it!!

It's new and still interesting. :-) My other tank just grows slowly, steadily. Need any frags??? ;-) Plus I'm carefully breaking the 'rules' for these guys so if it works out long term I want others to benefit.

We need to gang up on Polar to start producing these for sale...

I think I'm about ready to give one a try for sale. Do you want to be the guinea pig?

That is so exciting that babies are coming soon. Baby seahorses are adorable. I can't even imagine how little they must when they are born.

Right?! I'm watching tons of DSH births trying to get a sense of their scale so I know what size filter to put over the return grating. Crossing fingers I'm home to see it. I'm thinking grains of rice if they're truly as long as the adult's head.

Yay! I was wondering when you'd get babies! Dwarf seahorses are awesome since they're the easiest to raise the babies since they already eat what the parents eat and you don't have to pull them out into a separate nursery system. I'm super impressed with your success with these guys! The hatchery was just genius. Patent it and sell it!

Archived