inTank Media Baskets

Neowind's IM 25 Lagoon

neowind712

Nice, i'm also in the middle of a 25 build.. sweet tank right?

Most use the Cobalt Neotherms because they are so small.

The RW's are great. You can push tons of flow if you want and you can control the waves...feed mode and such are nice. Far better than a standard powerhead.

I bought the 100w Cobalt neo.. it doesn't fit in the back unless you are putting it in the filter chamber... but otherwise, it's "the" heater to get

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have two so I run them lowest settings on H. Tons of flow.

What mode do you run? I don't have mine yet but just standard or some type of variant?

Got my first custom caddy in yesterday and decided to fill it with filter floss, carbon pads, and phosphate pads. I liked it so much I ordered one for the other side also. Going to do Purigen, Chemi Pure, and Phosban I believe in it. What are you guys running in your caddy's?

caddy1.JPG

Performed my first water change and added 3 Margarita Snails and 2 Blue Legged Hermits. All seem to be doing well 24 hours later.

Got my first custom caddy in yesterday and decided to fill it with filter floss, carbon pads, and phosphate pads. I liked it so much I ordered one for the other side also. Going to do Purigen, Chemi Pure, and Phosban I believe in it. What are you guys running in your caddy's?

caddy1.JPG

is this a house for ants? you must make yourself at least 3 times that big!

Actually just switched my RW-4's to C mode and i'm liking it. Fun to play with!

I run the usual Chemipure Blue and Filter Floss.

So far I have my RW-4 running on 2 dots of power on constant. May play around with it when I get coral. I am running Carbon, Purigen and Phosban in my second Caddy now.

Picked up my first pieces of coral today. Went with four frags to make sure everything is good in the tank. Hammer, Duncan, Acan, and Ricordea. Also added a very young clownfish from a local hatchery. He is staying in the very top corner of the tank with his reflection. Do you think this is because he is used to being in a tank full of clowns? Will he ever leave that corner?

Frags.JPG

The only predictable behavior from a clownfish is that it's unpredictable. Give it time and it'll probably leave the corner and do other weird things. :D

The only predictable behavior from a clownfish is that it's unpredictable. Give it time and it'll probably leave the corner and do other weird things. :D

This.

Also, if it's really that tiny, make sure it's getting enough to eat everyday.

I like the new coral selection!

So far he won't eat. I bought food from hatchery that he was raised on. He went for flake food but spit it out. They used sinking pellets at hatchery.

Love the scape man, looks great! I feed my clowns flakes, pellets, and shrimp - I just mix it up. Flakes in the morning, pellets in the evening or vise verse and shrimp 1-2x a week depending on if I can remember lol.

So the clown finally ate YAY! Bad news is that I believe that he has decided to host the top front corner of my tank where I cannot really see him ever lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Super excited to report that I added two of my favorite saltwater fish today. The green banded goby. These guys are awesome. Really enjoy watching them. I also added some scarlet hermits and more snails. Very hard to take a picture with the AI light, but here we go:

gbg1.JPG

gbg2.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Update 4/23/16:

Yesterday I picked up a few corals and a Starry Blenny. The corals I got were:

Pink and Purple Yuma Ricordea
Neon Orange and Purple Yuma Ricordea
Green and Purple Yuma Ricordea
Blue Mushroom
Green and Purple Mushroom
Frogspawn
Green Star Polyps

Everything is doing good so far. The Blenny is in hiding at the moment, but I am sure he will come around.

lagoon1.jpg

lagoon2.jpg

Very nice Yuma and rics, :wub:

Thanks! The pink and purple and the neon orange Yuma's may just be my favorite two corals I have ever owned. They look 10 times better in person.

reefernanoman

I recently moved and when I did I ended up selling my Pico reef tank and have been dying to get back into it again for a while now. When I seen the IM 25 Lagoon I was hooked instantly. Below is what I have currently purchased and then a list of things I need help deciding on from other Lagoon owners.

FTS 4/28/16

fulllagoon1small.jpg

Current Setup:

IM Fusion 25 Lagoon Tank

30lbs Reef Cleaners Dry Rock

AI Prime LED lighting

Carib Sea Fiji Pink Reef Sand 20Lbs

Tunze USA 3152.000 Automatic Top off Nano

Jebao RW-4

Current Fish:

Clownfish

Two Green Striped Banded Goby's

Corals so far:

Hammer Coral

Duncan Coral

Acan

Ricordea

So as you can see I need a lot of help and I know I have come to the right place! I am going for a canyon style aquascape that I am currently trying to work out. So far this is my favorite setup so far, but I have only spend an hour or two working with it.

aqua1.JPG

aqua2.JPG

I am also working on a DIY stand and everything is going pretty good except for the doors. Still struggling with those, but here is what I got so far. Going to paint it black. Not sure if it is going to turn out or not. Woodworking is hard. But fingers crossed.

stand1.JPG

So any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. I have never setup an all dry rock setup before so that will be an adventure in itself. I am really looking forward to getting some water in the tank!

Looks good!

Great job on the scape.

Archived