Cultivated Reef

Such amazing growth! Love the fixture. Chirrr.

Sunstar

Do I open this, because I am starting to get seriuosly frustrated. I have to use a massive tablet as opposed to a phone. I am not overly tech savvy.

edit: I got a new phone which made allt he difference in the world.

Do I open this, because I am starting to get seriuosly frustrated. I have to use a massive tablet as opposed to a phone. I am not overly tech savvy.

Android? If so turn screen brightness to max when doing the pairing thing.

What Kyl & Ben said. If not using an Apple product turn the screen to the max. As well sometimes turning the lights off in the room helps. Hold it as close as you can. Oh, and make sure you are using your routers password and not your login password.

-Dave

Yeah, when I got my Retro, it took a few tries to get the blink up to work. It wasn't until I turned the brightness all the way up and held my screen literally a 1/4" from the card, that it worked... Hang in there. Once you get it connected you're gonna be very happy with your new toy!

Nice! Are you using the Bluefish 2 app? If you are, go to settings. There you can custom name each channel and color code the slider bar for that particular channel as well.

Try the presets I have. I tried to make it "pretty" ;)

Now enjoy and snap a photo or three.

I got it going, now its a matter of trying to get the settings changed. I can't seem to find the pretty coloured slider bars.

I am thinking part of the issue i am having is it doesn't like tablet screen size. It cuts off the top bar, which would have royal blues. its also super widely spread out. my sunrise is 11pm and sunset is 11pm - or that is when I turn it to RB. I am unable to find the location that would allow me to select location or when I can set my own times.

I think I am using BF 2. My phone was stolen back in november, I have yet to replace it and thought using the tablet would be okay.

I briefly see a section for fast forward, then it vanishes and thunderstorm becomes top option. The only option I have that seems to do anything is photo mode.

I do not think this actually works with an asus tablet. Or somthing on the layout doesn't gel.

Edit:

sunrise is 11am rather - well more accurately 10:45 and sunset is 11:20 (that is when I am awake and get home from work usually

edit:

Is there a place online where I can muck around with the settings rather than do it on mobile devices? I find them awkward.

edit:

I might have to bench this until I get a cellphone. :/

Edit.... don't mind me, trying to fush through this and just... not teck savvy

Shoot me an email with login and PW. I'll adjust with what you want.

I am thinking part of the issue i am having is it doesn't like tablet screen size. It cuts off the top bar, which would have royal blues. its also super widely spread out. my sunrise is 11pm and sunset is 11pm - or that is when I turn it to RB. I am unable to find the location that would allow me to select location or when I can set my own times.

I think I am using BF 2. My phone was stolen back in november, I have yet to replace it and thought using the tablet would be okay.

I briefly see a section for fast forward, then it vanishes and thunderstorm becomes top option. The only option I have that seems to do anything is photo mode.

I do not think this actually works with an asus tablet. Or somthing on the layout doesn't gel.

Edit:

sunrise is 11am rather - well more accurately 10:45 and sunset is 11:20 (that is when I am awake and get home from work usually

edit:

Is there a place online where I can muck around with the settings rather than do it on mobile devices? I find them awkward.

edit:

I might have to bench this until I get a cellphone. :/

I just want to be able to tweek it as i need it, and I finally found lighting, it was cut off when tablet was held portrait as opposed to landscape. But I am not seeing any of the slider bars, it seems very difficult to use, because I am using the asus?

if I knew how to screen cap on it I would show you part of the problems I am having, but the options are being mashed with the menu icons. I suppose I ougth to go buy a phone :/

edit: It would be fine and dandy to send you to set it up, but if I cannot tweek it to the right level that I see...I can't pester you every 10 minutes.

I am really struggling to get this thing to do a capture, particularly of it in portrait. I think htis is is BF2, but it doesn't seem to indicate.

Screenshot_2016-02-22-21-37-36.jpg

I am not sure what I got going, but something, it just looks nothing like what I see in screen caps. I think I might need to get a stylus because the font is so so tiny and tight (or when portrait, spread out and cut off) I love the thing, just freaked out by the tech.

the fan is quiet compared to what I had before, albeit super high pitched. (I can hear a dog whistle being blown) I did see a difference in colour when I got it on.

Nice! Are you using the Bluefish 2 app? If you are, go to settings. There you can custom name each channel and color code the slider bar for that particular channel as well.

It has that option but only gives me + or - for increasing the brighteness of a given channel, I did install BF2, but as I said before it has no indication this is indeed the app I am using. On a sidenote, I used Legacy for blinkout.

It is so quiet, I cannot get over how quiet this thing is. It is so modern and so beautiful. I may find the silence of hte lamp a problem as I use it to wake me up in the morning - if that gives you indication of how LOUD my fan was. I will get my loud fan when I set up the frag tank.

Okay, so from that screenshot of your tablet above, are you able to select each tab? If so, select "lighting.". That's where you can manipulate your channel settings.

Okay, so from that screenshot of your tablet above, are you able to select each tab? If so, select "lighting.". That's where you can manipulate your channel settings.

I did select it but there is no slider bar. I need to let it charge up again, and then I can attempt to take captures of it with the - and +

Question, can I use my login on a different mobile device? I might finally go out to get a phone tomorrow. I have been putting it off.

sorry dave for all that fuss, he is probably ticked with me.

I am seeing colours I have not seen since I purchased the corals. Oranges are standing out, acans look good, things look so... different.

Once you select lighting, the slider bar that your looking for will appear when you select either morning, midday, evening or night. If you select channel settings, that will allow you to name each channel and allow you to select a color representation for each channel's slider bar.

Looking at your screenshot again, it looks like it might be your tablet... You should have 5 icons that you could select, running across the top of your screen. Don't fret, once you get your phone, you'll totally see how simple and intuitive the controller actually is.

the five icons are smushed with the tabs on the left hand side. When I had htem across the top, I was missing half the options, including lighting.

SpencerShepard

I just want to be able to tweek it as i need it, and I finally found lighting, it was cut off when tablet was held portrait as opposed to landscape. But I am not seeing any of the slider bars, it seems very difficult to use, because I am using the asus?

if I knew how to screen cap on it I would show you part of the problems I am having, but the options are being mashed with the menu icons. I suppose I ougth to go buy a phone :/

edit: It would be fine and dandy to send you to set it up, but if I cannot tweek it to the right level that I see...I can't pester you every 10 minutes.

I am really struggling to get this thing to do a capture, particularly of it in portrait. I think htis is is BF2, but it doesn't seem to indicate.

Screenshot_2016-02-22-21-37-36.jpg

Should not look like that, lol. What Android version? Try updating if you can...

Should not look like that, lol. What Android version? Try updating if you can...

I am not sure, I will attempt to get it updated tomorrow.

edit:

I checked for updates and it said it was up to date. 4.2.1 I Believe.

Archived