Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Rolyat's IM Fusion 10 New FTS 2.20.17

rolyat113

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good! I like the overall balance in the tank. Looks like a little piece of reef...

That snail looks like it has little baby clams on it! Thats pretty darn cool. Awesome tank!

Thank you guys! Yea, they totally look like some sort of clam.. They're pretty cool!

FTS%204.1.16.jpg

FTS 4.1.16

Tank is doing well. Zoas are growing more heads and are open all the time. Ricordia look the same, but need to be adjusted. I need to take them off the plugs so they can be placed closer together. I moved the acan so the left rock can be covered in zoas. Added a second RFA I got at coralcon this last weekend. Also added a sunburst? monti up top. Looking forward to seeing how it grows. I'm hoping it'll scroll, but we shall see.

My clown and perchlet are doing well. Both are eating brine shrimp and sometimes pellets. Just bought some polypbooster. Fed it for the first time last night, and am interested to see if it really improves my corals. My order from KP Aquatics came in, sat in a parcel locker in 30 degree weather while I worked. When I opened it after returning home from work, everything was dandy! I now have a serpent star, 2 more hermits, a red mithrax crab and 2 mermans shaving brush macro. The red mithrax may have eaten some hair algae, which is awesome.

Here are some photos taken tonight. The perchlet comes to the front everytime I turn off the pumps, and is amazingly photogenic.

Perch%20close%204.1.16.jpg

This dude needs a name. Any ideas? He came right up close to the glass.

Acan%204.1.16.jpg

Green acan

RFA%204.1.16.jpg

New RFA. I'm really like the colors on this one!

Monti%204.1.16.jpg

Sunburst monticap

Perchlet%202%204.1.16.jpg

Perchlet next to the zoas

Perchlet%204.1.16.jpg

Again in front of the dragon's breath

zoa%204.1.16.jpg

New zoas from Coralcon

Meteor%20shower%204.1.16.jpg

Cyphastrea frag (meteor shower?)

Space%20monster%204.1.16.jpg

"Space monster" zoa Need to find a good place for this

WTS%204.1.16.jpg

Shot of the entire tank

Let me know what you guys think!

Elizabeth94

I really like that fish! Mine always hide when I go near the tank. That monticap is so vibrant and your acan looks so puffy and happy. Overall, its looking great.

I really like that fish! Mine always hide when I go near the tank. That monticap is so vibrant and your acan looks so puffy and happy. Overall, its looking great.

Thanks! He definitely hides when I get close, except for when I turn off the powerhead and pump. He knows that means food and doesn't care about anything!

Tank look great! I actually just started using reef roids and poly booster and let me tell you, the reaction is amazing and I've noticed crazy growth from my corals!

Tank look great! I actually just started using reef roids and poly booster and let me tell you, the reaction is amazing and I've noticed crazy growth from my corals!

Thanks! I forgot to mention I was also using reefroids... I feel like I've been overfeeding with the polypbooster/reefroids and feeding the fish every other day. I've had no negative affects so far though. No extra algae or anything... I have quite a CUC so maybe that is helping with the extra food that is left over.

Apparently my red mithrax crab is female. I caught her at the top point of the tank releasing larvae. Cleaner shrimp and clown loved them! I turned off the pump and powerhead for a moment to watch them all float around. Pretty cool! No way for them to survive, so I turned the pumps back on and let em go. Pretty interesting still though

Angled%20FTS%204.10.16.jpg

Decided to take more of an angled FTS this time. I wish I could get everything sharp in these full tank shots. I imagine I'm slightly limited by my equipment. It's way better than what the stock lens does though!

I made a trip to Denver last weekend and picked up a purplish frog spawn, a couple rics, and a neon toadstool. Everything is doing really well! I rearranged a few things, and at this point I think I'm just going to let things grow out. The only thing I'm not super happy with is the two headed frog spawn in the middle right of the tank. It's not super unique and I'd like to put some other contrasting color there besides green. For now that's where it will sit though.

Still waiting for a pink streaked wrasse! I have a guy in town who orders stuff looking for me. I may give up on it and just grab a snowflake clown instead. We will see how long my patience holds out.

Now for a photo dump!

Ric%20garden%204.10.16.jpg

Ricordia garden is growing. I still want to add some more and fairly fill up the front sand bed with them. You can see on the front left ric where he was stung when my frog spawn was knocked over when I was doing some rearranging. It's healing, with some pretty sweet colors. Maybe I should let them be stung more often...

Ric%204.10.16.jpg

Close up of the healing ric

Redfish%204.10.16.jpg

Red fish peaking out from the macros. You can sort of see the mermans shaving brush above him.

Toadstool%204.10.16.jpg

Neon toadstool close up. Tried to get a side shot with the rest of it, but they did not turn out. I'm interested to see how fast this grows. It my get way too big way too fast.

Frog%20spawn%204.10.16.jpg

New frog spawn frag. It looked more purple at the LFS, but I still really like how it brings a different color to the tank.

Cyphastria%204.10.16.jpg

Close up of the cyphastrea glued up on it's rock. I'm excited to see this take over a bigger area.

Redfish%20side%204.10.16.jpg

Decided to see what a side shot would look like and red fish posed perfectly. Not a great photo, but I thought it was funny to see him peaking around.

Side%204.10.16.jpg

Another side shot with the other RFA and in the shadows under the rock you can barely see the harlequin star. He doesn't make many appearances.

RFA%204.10.16.jpg

Close up of the RFA. I wish I had placed him a little more up front so he was more visible.

Acan%204.10.16.jpg

Acan had several more babies coming in than I thought. I knew the big one was there, but the smaller ones were a pleasant surprise when I took a closer look.

Better%20WTS%204.10.16.jpg

And finally another angled shot. I wish I could get these to come out sharper. I'm guessing it's probably just the angle I'm shooting the glass sort of distorting things.

Wow. Great photos. I like your tank alot, nice ric garden. I also recently bought the same frogspawn, very purple at lfs, a little more brown in my tank lol. Following along!

Came across this guy at one of my lfs today, immediately thought about your tank. Man is he beautiful! I really want to set up a fusion 10 for this guy... They just look straight at you when you are in front of the tank. Really cool fish!

post-86885-0-08212500-1460369774_thumb.jpeg

Came across this guy at one of my lfs today, immediately thought about your tank. Man is he beautiful! I really want to set up a fusion 10 for this guy... They just look straight at you when you are in front of the tank. Really cool fish!

Awesome! Mine has gotten much more bold and does exactly that. He reminds me of a grumpy old man yelling "get off my lawn"!

Baby%20snail%204.12.16.jpg

Spotted a baby snail on the glass tonight. Took the best macro shot I could. Super hard to get a good focus! Not sure if this hatched from the many eggs that have been laid or more likely came from a frag. Still pretty cool to see new life showing up!

Baby%20space%20monster%204.12.16.jpg

While I had the extension ring on my lens I decided to photograph the baby "space monster" that is coming along. Still need to pry this thing off the frag plug and glue it to a rock. Why do these zoas grow so much slower than other zoas? It's honestly not as cool as some of my others anyway!

Placed a saltcritters order tonight since I have Thursday off. Mostly just ricordia to add to my garden, as well as a couple other mushrooms. Excited to see how they look in my tank!

ha! I had a post the other day about a itsy bitsy snail I found. I still get excited about every living thing I find coming from the live rock.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd post an update. Have been pretty busy lately, so unable to take any photos of the tank. Basically just been doing water changes and letting the tank do it's thing. My zoas are growing quite a bit, as well as my acan. My hammer coral, which I had moved to the rear of the tank has split, and now has two heads. I moved it back front, but need to break the rock it's on in half, so it doesn't touch my monti. A little while back, I purchased a knock-off "gopro", and finally today took a video of my tank with it. I dipped it in the tank as well, but the video is just ok. I might post it later.

My current fish situation is:

pygmy perchlet (still happy and healthy)

1 snowflake clown

1 black and white snowflake clown

Still hoping for a pink streaked wrasse at some point, but not sure that's going to happen. Don't even know if I'd want to disrupt the bioload at this point.

Here is the video I took. I'm frustrated with youtube, because I can't get it to post up at 1080p. Maybe it's something I'm doing in iMovie when I do my edit. I'm new to the video stuff, so any advice is well received.

Ok, so I realized it was playing my video at 780p. That's sufficient. Here's the in tank video. Sorry it's the same song. Didn't think I'd be posting both videos, but I felt like it fit, and it's one of my favorite songs from my favorite band.

• 1 month later...

So work has been incredibly busy, so since the weather has been amazing out here, I've spent most of my free time outside. Preparing to climb some mountains in July, and just exploring more of Colorado when I can. The tank has sort of been on auto pilot. I've kept up with water changes aside from two separate times when it went two weeks without. No harm done though, which is great. Can't recall if I informed everyone of my addition of another TSB. He seems to be happpy and healthy, even though he likes to flirt with death by sitting ON TOP of my MP10.

I haven't had time to break out the DSLR lately for any good photos. I did get the new iPhone 6s though, and the video is surprisingly good. I'll post that as well as one photo I took, which turned out well. One of these days I'll get out the good camera and take some actual photos. Most everything is really growing well! I'd say the dragons breath and some pink zoanthids on the front left rock have grown the most.

Anyway here's what I've got for now!

(Don't forget to view it in 1080p)

FTS%206.30.16%20iPhone.jpg

Archived