Top Shelf Aquatics

Kijho's IM Fusion 20

Kijho

18 hours ago, kimberbee said:

That stand fits the space perfectly!!

17 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

Your pictures are so good! I'm super jealous!

Thank you! :D These are just some quick iphone pics!  I need to get my camera organized so I can show off some more quality shots! Once I get everything settled and start gluing some corals back down too. If anyone remembers from my Spec V Days you know I had about a 6 coral Acan garden with about 8 heads in total and oh man was it one of my favorite parts of the tank - Well, the LFS has brought in tons. Like 50+ Acan's. Some are $20, some are $100+!!  Sooooooo dangeerous to the wallet but I really might need to change some direction of this tank and have less euphyllia - or maybe I can move all the frogspawns to the back corner and have a nice Acan garden up front! 

16 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

looks like you have room for a longer tank =P.  maybe the IM 30??

Dude! Don't tempt me hahaha!! :D:D:D 

5 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I like the new setup! How's it going now? It looks like nothing was really bothered at all.

Hey thanks my friend!!  Well, UPDATE: I think I may have 2 causalities now...

The head on the right side in this photo is now doing whatever this is.. It doesn't look like brown jelly whatsoever so that's the good news. Nothing else seems affected by it - But it's doing this and I'm pretty sure it's a bad sign and the head is gone for good :(

26215337428_ed19ee3af5_b.jpgIMG_7982 by Spencer, on Flickr

The second I can't get a photo - One of the smaller single frogspawn corals I had which fell during the move and I had placed them in the rock - the pistol shrimp has taken it deep into his cavern. Probably not going to see it again sadly..

For some reason the shutter speed / lighting made this shot look super cool...

26215337078_81f0c9cdc6_b.jpgIMG_8000 by Spencer, on Flickr

I love when all the "arms" sway in the same direction..

26215336698_3c5faab5db_b.jpgIMG_8003 by Spencer, on Flickr

Updated FTS, I have some furniture in the house now haha :D

40089689231_bcdc286514_b.jpgIMG_8012 by Spencer, on Flickr

39190511845_1f35f40539_b.jpgIMG_7917 by kijho66, on Flickr

39377938414_0f70990a32_b.jpgIMG_7924 by kijho66, on Flickr

39190510325_b4531a94b8_b.jpgIMG_7941 by kijho66, on Flickr

• Like 6

Update: So I went out last night to the hardware store and found a 2.5G camping water jug to use as my ATO water reservoir. I wanted something that would fit in behind a door on my shelf unit and be able to pump - which this worked perfect. It's also solid plastic, unlike the cheaper "food grade" one I had from the LFS which was flimsy and actually - cracked - two days ago. I woke up to a very small 1ft' x puddle of water right on the hardwood where I left it overnight :( I don't think it was there long enough to seep though or cause any major damage thankfully, it's a pretty good floor, so I quickly wiped it up with the towel.

Anyways so I setup my Tunze Nano ATO last night and everything was good. But then ran into a small problem. I'm having trouble getting the float sensor to position due to the new light mount I added for the AI Prime light - the new bracket. It blocks the location basically for the sensor. So I woke up this morning and the sensor was somehow magnetically crooked SIDEWAYS - So - The float switch, is not moving up and down, but it's sideway and just sitting there in the "need to refill" position - So the pump started pumping water. Now, thankfully, the ATO water went into the tank and then fully submerged the sensor - causing it to stop. But when I woke up the pump was making a buzzing sound very 5 seconds as if it's had an error?  I don't know if it knows the sensor's sideways? I unplugged it for the day now I'm at work.... 

Whew! Just caught up on this thread. 

That kitchen is sick! Soooo jelly :wub:

Did you buy the house because of that spot for your tank? :)  it’s a perfect fit. 

You're tank is amazing! I love all the Euphyllia and I especially love the Goniopora. I've never been able to keep one for more than a few months so to me having kept Goniopora for over a year is a feat.  It was nice to watch the YouTube videos and hear how much the tank means to you. Congratulations on the new home as well. In this age, it's getting harder for people, especially young people, to afford their own home. I really enjoyed the update on your tank.

• Like 1
On 2/7/2018 at 9:21 AM, WV Reefer said:

Whew! Just caught up on this thread. 

That kitchen is sick! Soooo jelly :wub:

Did you buy the house because of that spot for your tank? :)  it’s a perfect fit. 

Thank you!!! :D Hehe, it's a perfect fit hey!  I really love it there, I had to cut and brace the IKEA table I found thought to make it fit as perfect as it does!! :D

On 2/7/2018 at 10:20 AM, Cintax said:

You're tank is amazing! I love all the Euphyllia and I especially love the Goniopora. I've never been able to keep one for more than a few months so to me having kept Goniopora for over a year is a feat.  It was nice to watch the YouTube videos and hear how much the tank means to you. Congratulations on the new home as well. In this age, it's getting harder for people, especially young people, to afford their own home. I really enjoyed the update on your tank.

Thank you!!! I'm surprised mine has survived this long over a year because I've heard people say this so many times actually!!! 

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...