Top Shelf Aquatics

Refocusing...

moralesk214

Sorry for the delay, had some difficulties uploading pictures, but here they are!

Aug '16 FTS

IMG_0586_zpsfmggmvkn.jpg

New Acan frags (taken from left side of tank)

IMG_0590_zpsssflqxhl.jpg

New Acans (taken from front of tank)

IMG_0587_zps9ctemqck.jpg

Front Left Side

IMG_0589_zpsnpq2fg19.jpg

Top Down (front left side)

IMG_0588_zps5iqy0rb4.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So clearly, I haven't been so great at keeping this updated. So I'm going to try and start part of my New Year's resolution early... (Hopefully it'll be routine by the time January ends).

I have a few issues with the tank recently, following some new additions. One of my original acan's started to receed after months of doing great and the addition of a few new heads. This past weekend he was dipped in peroxide and placed on the sand bed of my other tank. Additionally, I have lost some zoas a few months back.

The loss of zoas, lead to be doing several small WCs (1gal every other day) for about a week as I was worried of any chemical warfare. Needless to say, all went well. Not exactly sure what happened to them, as they just melted.

I've since added some (not sure of the name wasn't sold with any) and a new acan which has been doing great. I will hopefully update the FTS tonight/tomorrow as I have reworked the scape with some rock that was previously cleaned from the BC.

So clearly, I haven't been so great at keeping this updated. So I'm going to try and start part of my New Year's resolution early... (Hopefully it'll be routine by the time January ends).

I have a few issues with the tank recently, following some new additions. One of my original acan's started to receed after months of doing great and the addition of a few new heads. This past weekend he was dipped in peroxide and placed on the sand bed of my other tank. Additionally, I have lost some zoas a few months back.

The loss of zoas, lead to be doing several small WCs (1gal every other day) for about a week as I was worried of any chemical warfare. Needless to say, all went well. Not exactly sure what happened to them, as they just melted.

I've since added some (not sure of the name wasn't sold with any) and a new acan which has been doing great. I will hopefully update the FTS tonight/tomorrow as I have reworked the scape with some rock that was previously cleaned from the BC.

Sorry to hear about the losses. I have run through most of the thread but cant find anywhere where you say you run carbon or not. Just curious. Best of luck getting everything back to normal.

Archived