Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Smashingly SEXY Cube 'Scapes Needed!

Weetabix7

I'm brainstorming ideas right now and need some inspiration.

Could everyone please share pics of the most impressive Cube Tank Aquascapes you've seen??

Much appreciated, thanks in advance!! :flower:

I'm brainstorming ideas right now and need some inspiration.

Could everyone please share pics of the most impressive Cube Tank Aquascapes you've seen??

Much appreciated, thanks in advance!! :flower:

How big is the cube we are talking?

E4B395F4-CEE9-4F8D-9235-74297DF45795_zps

I think a lot depends on the size of the cube.

Personally, my favorite scape for a cube is the U. It allows for lots of room for corals and some negative space. This can be done really in any tank size.

post-11695-0-61261900-1313857175_thumb_z

IMAG0822.jpg

Another option is two pillars that looks really cool and can give you a minimalist look.

6_zpsqtomadkd.jpg

That all depends on how you'd do it though, like this one has some more rocks in the front for some coral areas.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1421075945.58239

Thanks so much, you guys are AWESOME, keep 'em coming!!!

As far as size goes, nothing is set in stone yet cause I'm still doing a lot of figuring, but right now looks like around 24 x 18 x 17.

I kinda sorta had a general idea in mind of what I wanted to do. Then I ended up reading through this whole thread last night, which

really got my brain inspired: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/339129-heys-50-rimless-fts-update-910/.

I don't want to do the same thing he did, but I do want to do something as stupendous and unique as that.

Thanks again, I really appreciate everyone's input!!!

Wow, some of these are really inspirational. I will have to keep tabs on this thread. Cube tanks are really nice looking

You're telling me! It's making me want to rescape my cube tank lol :happy:

Beautiful Thread And Very Timely! I just ordered my cube and definitely dig the 2 island Scape!!! Keep the pics coming!! (All different types of scape inspiration is greatly appreciated) ?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great thread. I've jus bought a 60 gallon cube that was already running - it's in a temporary home for now, but will be moving down to its permanent home in the basement some tie in the next two weeks. When I first set it up, I arranged things in an L shape. I think I'll be keeping something like that, but will look through the links everyone posted to see if I find a layout I like better.

It still needs some work (and I need to battle some algae and get my sump built and running), but here's the build thread:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/372155-matthewdvms-cubist-dream/

and what it looks like now:

675B99EE-3B9E-41C0-B05C-5FCEBD2998CE.jpg

5F48AC03-5537-41B0-A7CA-A3FBD7E43944.jpg

BA9EF396-A486-474B-BCC6-DE1CE1F6D07B.jpg

Archived