Innovative Marine Aquariums

Quinnr's IM 25G Lagoon Reef

Quinnr

Anyone have any good ways to clean the innovative marine filter socks? Im worried about breaking the black plastic in the washing machine. Any better ideas?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone have any good ways to clean the innovative marine filter socks? Im worried about breaking the black plastic in the washing machine. Any better ideas?

That's a great question. I noticed once the filter got clogged a bit it was near impossible to clean. Aside from using a power washer I'm interested to see if anyone has come up with a soulution.

That's a great question. I noticed once the filter got clogged a bit it was near impossible to clean. Aside from using a power washer I'm interested to see if anyone has come up with a soulution.

Power washer might not be a bad idea!

Anyone have any good ways to clean the innovative marine filter socks? Im worried about breaking the black plastic in the washing machine. Any better ideas?[/size]

thats the reason I switched to media baskets

thats the reason I switched to media baskets

Yeah I plan on using those but filet socks are so nice to get the water sparkling!

So I did the soak in water and bleach route and it worked great! Little more involvement that the washing machine but I think I can live with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Lookin great so far. The cycle is the hardest part :)

Yes it is

Updates-

So all my parameters seem to be in check. Gonna do a water change after spring break vacation (starting tomorrow) and add some livestock

SnkyTv4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Got the stand and door frame painted tonight! Need to finish sanding the top and seal it up. Progress is being made just slowly........

IDtXdsD.jpg

HMEavyJ.jpg

What primer and paint did you use? Want to do a project like this :) Beautiful stand

Archived