Pod Your Reef

Quinnr's IM 25G Lagoon Reef

Quinnr

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn mine just showed up today. My box is much more beat up than yours (thats what she said). Won't get a chance to pop it open until tomorrow though.

Damn mine just showed up today. My box is much more beat up than yours (thats what she said). Won't get a chance to pop it open until tomorrow though.

Should be okay. It's a box in a box wrapped in foam and peanuts. Where did you order it from?

Getting closer..........

I6rQbuv.jpg

Didn't get a chance to look at the tank yet. But unpacking the stand I have a pretty beat up back piece. Marine Depot will be getting a call when they open.

Didn't get a chance to look at the tank yet. But unpacking the stand I have a pretty beat up back piece. Marine Depot will be getting a call when they open.

They seemed pretty good to deal with before I ordered.

The packaging of the tank itself was awesome on one I got from MD. I didn't get the stand though.

Get dis thing wet, Quinnr!!

Yes the tank itself is packed solid. Im working on it! :)

Yeah unpacked the tank and it looks good. Marine Depot is sending a new stand. Didn't know that the leveling mat was glued to the bottom. I wanted to paint it and run it barebottom.

Awesome wood working!!! Great tank choice. Mine has been running a week now and love it.

That sucks, I also purchased through MD and my packaging didn't seem damaged at all and it traveled from the west coast to the east in a snow storm. Probably just a pissed off employee of ups who's tired of moving this tanks around every time they Come into the warehouse.
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah unpacked the tank and it looks good. Marine Depot is sending a new stand. Didn't know that the leveling mat was glued to the bottom. I wanted to paint it and run it barebottom.

Thats good. Isn't your mat black? I don't think you would notice it that much.

Awesome wood working!!! Great tank choice. Mine has been running a week now and love it.

That sucks, I also purchased through MD and my packaging didn't seem damaged at all and it traveled from the west coast to the east in a snow storm. Probably just a pissed off employee of ups who's tired of moving this tanks around every time they Come into the warehouse.

Thanks man! Do you have a thread going for your tank?

Any updates ? This thing wet yet :unsure:

Crazy last two weeks. Closed on a house we just sold and 5 sports tournaments with the kids has kept me away from the tank. I did pick up my rock and finally filled with water tonight to leak test!!

Filled the tank tonight to make sure everything was functioning. Here is a pic

q5ldZmG.jpg

Drained the tank on Friday and got it ready to fill for today. Here are some pics of the process. Not 100% on the aquascaping yet but I'm sure i will change it a few more times :) Super impressed with the numbers from my Aquaforest Reef Salt! Also i didn't believe it until I mixed up salt tonight that it mixes crystal clear in under 15 minutes. No residue at all. I have never had a salt do that!

Sand in tank-added a little more after this pic

i61HP4L.jpg

Pre-rock aquascaping

tDOLOgp.jpg

The good stuff-

lNG8ow0.jpg

Crystal clear 1.024........15 minutes

EYpD5YM.jpg

Waiting for the cloudiness to settle......damn live sand

YnZCwRX.jpg

Really glad I came across your thread. You may have me sold on now considering a NanoBox Duo and I may look into that salt mix. I just got this same tank on Sale through AquariumDepot. Unfortunately I just came back from working a 48 at the fire station to find it says delivered but no where to be found. Not sure if it was stollen but our front porch camera doesn't even show UPS showing up. Anyway. Eventually I will have it...

Anyway, your stand is awesome, did you use a template for that?

Its about time ;)

Thanks for the continual nagging :D

Good selection of salt.

So far so good. I love how quickly it dissolves. Parameters look good too

Really glad I came across your thread. You may have me sold on now considering a NanoBox Duo and I may look into that salt mix. I just got this same tank on Sale through AquariumDepot. Unfortunately I just came back from working a 48 at the fire station to find it says delivered but no where to be found. Not sure if it was stollen but our front porch camera doesn't even show UPS showing up. Anyway. Eventually I will have it...

Anyway, your stand is awesome, did you use a template for that?

Crap hopefully it shows up! I just made the stand the same size as the tank and the top hangs over 3/4" on each side, flush to the back and 1 1/2" on the front

Well i'm back....

After taking some time off from tanks I got the itch again. I decided to go with the new IM Lagoon 25. The depth of this tank is awesome for a small AIO. I am really excited to get this thing going.

Not 100% sure on all the equipment yet as I'm still trying to iron that out. I'm leaning towards LEDs. I'm thinking either an AI fixture or a Radeon. Possibly will go with an innovative marine ghost skimmer. Still looking to see if there's better options out there. For flow I will go with a MP 10, Gyre 130 or Jebao RW4. The new innovative marine tanks come with the filter socks so I'll probably keep one and use a caddy on the other. I still need to build a stand as I did not like the stock ones.

I will be trying out AquaForest reef products for my salt and supplement. Seems like they make a top-quality product. Livestock will be limited to a few fish. Coral wise it will be a mixture of SPS, LPS, and zoas.

not sure if you figured out your flow. I have two RW-4 less than six months old. PM me if interested.

Who did you get the salt through? What was the cost on the bucket?

Through Amazon. I got the 22kg bucket (170G mix) for $55 shipped. Salty Supply is the US Dealer. There are 3 different salts. Sea Salt (fish and some softies), Reef Salt (LPS, zoas, and less demanding SPS), and the Probiotic (Full blown reef)

Man these tanks look sweet. Kinda wishing I would have just got one of these. Good luck.

They are pretty sweet. Would have sprung for the 50G if it wasn't 3 times as much

not sure if you figured out your flow. I have two RW-4 less than six months old. PM me if interested.

PM sent

Updated pic

xE9dXtn.jpg

Through Amazon. I got the 22kg bucket (170G mix) for $55 shipped. Salty Supply is the US Dealer. There are 3 different salts. Sea Salt (fish and some softies), Reef Salt (LPS, zoas, and less demanding SPS), and the Probiotic (Full blown reef)

They are pretty sweet. Would have sprung for the 50G if it wasn't 3 times as much

PM sentUpdated pic

xE9dXtn.jpg

#### yea!

Awesome scape!!!!

Thanks Im starting to like it

Looking sharp!

Cant wait to get some corals in it

And it died again....... :P

Ha ha Scott. Its the boring stage of cycling......soon soon

Archived