Cultivated Reef

Bashment's 20g IM Nuvo Fusion

bashment

I have the same wave maker but the flow is crazy. What settings are you using for it. I have mine on wave 1 min setting and it's still a great amount of current.

i have it exactly the same as you. Wave 1 and 1 speed. I have it pointing at the front glass now. The flow is crazy, but I still cant seem to get rid of some deadspots in my tank

Hit a minor bump in the road. My tank and all its citizens have been acting quite strange. Snails trying to leave the tank. My favia and lobo have begun to look sunken in. Zoas somewhat closed up. I havent checked water params in awhile so I decided to give it a go. All my parameters looked fine. Temp constant at 79, Nitrate 0, Phos 0, Alk/Kh 9, etc. My salinity looked fine as well, however I decided to use a bottle of 35ppt calibrating solution to check if my refractometer was indeed acurate. Turns out my refractometer wasnt exactly calibrated well and my salinity tested at 30ppt or 1.0226. I'm trying now to raise the salinity in a quick but modest fashion and hoping this will turn things around. Not sure if the salinity I had can cause all these things going on in my tank...but I'm hoping for the best. I'll be keeping an eye on my ATO.

• 3 weeks later...

Update. Everything is looking good since that mishap. Aside from the calibration, I found out the salinity for the last batch of saltwater I bought was 1.020. I returned the water in exchange for fresh RODI and from that day started mixing my own Red Sea Coral Pro. The water is stable again and everything is looking significantly better. I also have been seeing some growth in both my coral and my RBTA. Here's an updated FTS as of yesterday (excuse all the microbubbles). I feel like I am running out of room. I have no where really to mount my Monti Cap. I also have this itching feeling of getting rid of my frogspawn and golden hammer to make space for other corals that are less aggressive as they take up space. Any suggestions?

FullSizeRender_zps9z4lvwls.jpg

Looking good.

How do you like the vertex magnet cleaner?

Thank you! The Vertex was included with the tank when I bought it. It does the job, but I'm thinking of ripping out the scrubbing pad and replacing it with some Magic Eraser which I've found to work wonders with cleaning.

Archived