Cultivated Reef

Normang Fusion 20 Build

Normang

Yasha goby pistol shrimp.

So about a month ago I bought a yasha goby, it never came out but I would constantly see his face in the burrow he built. A week ago I bought a pistol shrimp, and put him in the same hole for them to pair up.

I have yet to see either of them come out so today I lifted the rock up and I could only find the pistol shrimp. I can't find the yasha goby anywhere. Would it be possible that the pistol shrimp killed my yasha?

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

update.

Overall, the tank has been doing good. I feel like its pretty well established, and has been for 3 months or so. Thats not to say I haven't had deaths throughout the months. Its been set up since Jan. and considering how well its been doing the past few months without adding anything, I figured it was time to take advantage of some LFS black friday deals. These included pics are crappy iPhone pics, and if requested ill take better ones with my DSLR. I have been dealing with my sand getting super dirty really quick after my WC, I do siphon out the top later, then replace the sand back in. It only stays white for 2 or so days.

FTS with dirty sand

IMG_5928.jpg

I just moved some things so the frogs were pissed and closed up. My RBTA that my percs very seldom visit

IMG_5911.jpg

new SPS corals I picked u for half off. the frags were 5-10 bucks and that beautiful purple/green SPS colony in the upper left I got for $30. I wish I knew the name of it.

IMG_5920.jpg

Better picture of my favorite SPS. It has great polyp extension. Anyone have a name?

IMG_5921.jpg

Sweet Acans I got for $40. By far my favorite type of coral.

IMG_5924.jpg

Left side of the tank. Some Acans, GSP, zoos, ect

IMG_5926.jpg

2 more SPS frags that I got.

IMG_5927.jpg

Vwcrackerjack

Your tank looks so good. I never have any luck with any of my tanks except my 5g nano I had years ago. I've bought the most expensive equipment and follow all the same steps all you guys do and I just never have any luck. Nothing dies but nothing ever really grows. I just transferred all my stuff to a nuvo8 and my ricordia I think are starting to make another mushroom which is a good sign. Yours looks super nice. Great job!

Your tank looks so good. I never have any luck with any of my tanks except my 5g nano I had years ago. I've bought the most expensive equipment and follow all the same steps all you guys do and I just never have any luck. Nothing dies but nothing ever really grows. I just transferred all my stuff to a nuvo8 and my ricordia I think are starting to make another mushroom which is a good sign. Yours looks super nice. Great job!

Thanks for the comment. I am kinda in the same boat with you as in nothing ever really grows. I mean sure, I've had growth with my mushrooms, GSP, and blastos; but everything else pretty much has stayed the same. My hollywood stunner chalice hasn't grown much at all, and everyone I talk to says it grows like a weed. We will see if the birds nest and other SPS grows. Its probably due to my calcium, and alk being low because I don't dose. But to try and help with that Im going to do more frequent WC with larger amounts of water.

Archived