inTank Media Baskets

Normang Fusion 20 Build

Normang

MOJOEJOEJOE

I'm thinking of getting the same tank. I have an AI prime and I notice that's what your running. How is it doing for this tank and what are your settings?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking of getting the same tank. I have an AI prime and I notice that's what your running. How is it doing for this tank and what are your settings?

I love the light, and i feel its doing a great job. Now, I am sure this tank could use 2 primes depending on ones aquascape. But with my scape, and how I am running things, Its doing great with just 1 prime.

I had it running at 60% with a 10k peak ramp time of 4 hours then in the late afternoon it ramps down to 16k before the lunars.

yesterday I raised everything to 75% across the board but had CW at 85 to get the 10k during the highest output. Ill try and post a picture of the schedule

I like how it is, it has a nice bright white color during the middle part of the day then has a nice 16k tone during the prime viewing hours of the day when I am home.

here is the schedule. At 2:30 pm I am running 10k at 85 percent, then at 7pm I am running 16K at 50%. Then I have the lunar cycle running. some nights ill shut it off just to give the tank some time to rest.

All the corals I have seem to be doing great. Very low maintenance, just keeping up on water changes.

IMG_5128.png

Photo upload

right side

IMG_5124.jpg

New Acan I just got yesterday, its already eating well.

IMG_5123.jpg

left side

IMG_5127.jpg

I need to figure out the manual control a little better. So far I've been using the easy setup and I run at about 14k.

Yeah just take some time and play with it a lot. It took me a few hours to get use to it, but now I feel it's super easy to work the interface.

How's the ghost skimmer working out?

It skims really well. As of now its only producing a very light tea color, but we don't have any fish in the tank so its a very light bio-load. I am happy I'm running it for sure.

I've been thinking about buying a protein skimmer for my tank. My Nuvo turned 1 today and I think that will be a nice birthday gift lol.

MOJOEJOEJOE

I'm ordering my tank today from marine depot. I'll get the skimmer later down the line. I just hope my ai prime is enough light for this tank. I just got the light and I like it a lot

I've been thinking about buying a protein skimmer for my tank. My Nuvo turned 1 today and I think that will be a nice birthday gift lol.

Keep your eyes out on the fourm you can find them used and save a good amount of money. I bought mine used here.

I'm ordering my tank today from marine depot. I'll get the skimmer later down the line. I just hope my ai prime is enough light for this tank. I just got the light and I like it a lot

Depending on your rock work it should work. For the price it's a great light. I love the controllability and looks.

• 3 weeks later...

So there is a local reefer selling a RBTA (this one isn't bubbling at the moment) for 25 bucks. It split a few weeks ago and he wants to sell the new split piece. What do you guys think about me getting it?

• 2 weeks later...

I am not getting much feedback on my thread, as I am mostly using it for my documentation history. But I just got a snowflake clown, and I want to know if there is anyone on here following my thread and wants me to post a picture of it and follow if it pairs up with my clown thats been solo in my tank for 1 1/2 months.

Finding Paulo

awesome tank! starting my own next week just preparing my last supplies.

Wanted to ask about the sand.. did you just use 1 - 20 lb bag of sand? would you say you have a inch or more sand bed all around?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I just bought 1 of the 20b bags. I was worried it wasn't going to be enough but in all honestly I'm happy I didn't get more. Its the perfect amount. I also just added a candy cane pistol shrimp for my yasha goby, so we will see how it goes with the amount of sand I have.

awesome tank! starting my own next week just preparing my last supplies.

Wanted to ask about the sand.. did you just use 1 - 20 lb bag of sand? would you say you have a inch or more sand bed all around?

Tank looks great. Give us an updated FTS when you get the chance.

I just took some pics. I am currently running the tank at 16k so its a little blue, also taken with the iPhone. If you guys want I can whip out the DSLR.

The tank is coming along well. I have had some deaths

1 green slimmer frag. Lost color and didn't make it.

green kryptonite candy cane ( the guy I got it from also lost all of his frags he made)

I also had a rescue deep water SPS that didn't look good, and it didn't survive. MY DKH stays at 8, and my PH at 8. I can't seem to get them any higher without dosing so SPS which I don't want to do so they don't do too well in my tank.

I have a lakers monti that does good. It doesn't have crazy good color but its surviving. I picked up a normal monti which is suppose to be a super easy frag and it hasn't been doing well at all, loosing color and seems really fragile.

Everything else is doing great, the torch, frogs, and hammers are super healthy, and the Acan frag is growing well, maybe 2-3 new heads since Ive had it.

The hollywood stunner chalice is doing well, and was one of the first frags I got. It has decent growth, but is healthy with good color. I wish I could get better growth tho.

My pocillopora was showing some white spots, I didn't know if it was struggling or what, but I caught my yellow coris picking at it a few times.

photo updates

Descent skim mate with the ghost skimmer

IMG_5278.jpg

IMG_5281.jpg

IMG_5287.jpg

duncan frag I just picked up.

IMG_5290.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg

new blasto frag, mushrooms, zoos, pocillopora, GSP, lakers monti, pipe organ, yellow coris, and firefish

IMG_5293.jpg

I love my cleaner shrimp, even time my hand goes into the tank he jumps right on it to clean.

IMG_5297.jpg

Finding Paulo

LOL, damn i cannot wait to add live stock! glad to hear the ghost skimmer is putting in decent work.

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

Those DSLR photos are way better. Man my pocillopora has really bad shadowing. I don't know If I need to up the power on my prime or what. Im running 16k at 40 I think. Also, some of my zoos seem to be stretching a good amount.

Elizabeth94

I would suggest adding another prime for a tank this size, should help with shading. A single prime probably isn't enough since you have to have it higher above the water to increase the spread. Having led's from a single puck will cause shading in sps, so adding another light would probably help your problem.

I do love my prime, but I wouldn't have a single one over anything larger than my fusion 10.

Edit- I am running my prime on my fusion 10 about eight inches off the water at 65-70% peak hours with sps on the top. close to the waters surface. Took a little while to bump up the light to this setting since I took it slow. I plan to bump it up more this weekend.

Those DSLR photos are way better. Man my pocillopora has really bad shadowing. I don't know If I need to up the power on my prime or what. Im running 16k at 40 I think. Also, some of my zoos seem to be stretching a good amount.

I would suggest adding another prime for a tank this size, should help with shading. A single prime probably isn't enough since you have to have it higher above the water to increase the spread. Having led's from a single puck will cause shading in sps, so adding another light would probably help your problem.

I do love my prime, but I wouldn't have a single one over anything larger than my fusion 10.

Edit- I am running my prime on my fusion 10 about eight inches off the water at 65-70% peak hours with sps on the top. close to the waters surface. Took a little while to bump up the light to this setting since I took it slow. I plan to bump it up more this weekend.

Hey thanks for the advice. I will start bumping up the prime some more. And buying another one is just out of the question. I have caught the yellow coris wrasse nipping on the pocillopora so I going to return that coral to the LFS. Ill probably just stick with LPS and softies as of now.

what kelvin are you running the peak power at?

Archived