Pod Your Reef

Red Sea Reefer 170 now 250 Build Thread

phillyclownfish

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
phillyclownfish

Clownfish have been cleaning the pvc pipe in the QT tank for the last hour. Would be funny if they spawn while being in QT. QT babies lol.

FTS please! May as well skip to the 450 while you are at it...hhahah

Eh, go right for the 525 XL :P

I plan on getting 2 Radion 30's for my 350, one on left one on right,did you ever think of putting 2 15's and spreading them out instead of the 1 Radion 30 over the middle? just a thought very nice Tank. I keep switching back and forth on 15 and 30, finally decided to go with the 30's.

• 2 weeks later...
phillyclownfish

are you planning on more rocks?

Yes.

I plan on getting 2 Radion 30's for my 350, one on left one on right,did you ever think of putting 2 15's and spreading them out instead of the 1 Radion 30 over the middle? just a thought very nice Tank. I keep switching back and forth on 15 and 30, finally decided to go with the 30's.

I always just thought I would get those wide spread lenses for the 30 if needed. I believe the 250 meets the specs almost perfectly for those lenses.

• 4 weeks later...
phillyclownfish

New clam. Haven't had one of these in years.

post-70002-0-15312300-1462320688_thumb.jpeg

Calcium has been low so I am dosing for that. Gonna test later night Calcium and KH.

• 3 weeks later...
pa1ntbru5h

How do you like the 250 compared to the 170?
I'm about to purchase one or the other in a few months. Ideally I think the 170 would fit my situation best (renting a house) but the dimensions of the 250 are just so much better compared to the cube shape of the 170..

I'm afraid I'll get the 170 and regret it and wish I got the 250 instead..

But then on the other side, I'm afraid the 250 is too big and would be a hassle to move once my lease is up.

phillyclownfish

How do you like the 250 compared to the 170?

I'm about to purchase one or the other in a few months. Ideally I think the 170 would fit my situation best (renting a house) but the dimensions of the 250 are just so much better compared to the cube shape of the 170..

I'm afraid I'll get the 170 and regret it and wish I got the 250 instead..

But then on the other side, I'm afraid the 250 is too big and would be a hassle to move once my lease is up.

I would do the 250 IMO. My 170 is for sale if your local around PA but I see your in CA! ;)

pa1ntbru5h

I would do the 250 IMO. My 170 is for sale if your local around PA but I see your in CA! ;)

I haven't completely sized it out yet and gotten exact measurements since I'm not at the new house yet.. but in your opinion, does the 250 seem like more of a hassle to move compared to the 170 or you think it'll be about the same?

phillyclownfish

Not more of a hassle you just need someone to help move it with you. I moved it myself but I wouldn't suggest that.

Archived