inTank Media Baskets

Red Sea Reefer 170 now 250 Build Thread

phillyclownfish

phillyclownfish

Jawfish jumped last night or this morning. Was fine at 2am but when I came near the tank this morning couldn't find him anywhere. Looked behind the tank and he was dried out. Was using a temporary top but still didn't matter.

Where do you keep the larger tunze top off reservoir?

Right next to the tank in a closet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
phillyclownfish

So i got a male blue mandarin this week and so far so good. Got two bags full of pods and put them in the sump. Hopefully they maintain for him. My potters dwarf angel came in dead though. LFS will order a new one. UPS took two days instead of one...Looking for my old digital camera to take some actual pics.

Yes they are. Debating on a 250.

Yep I wanted the 250 but 36 was to wide for my spot. The 170 was to cubish for me so went with a Versa instead. I wanted the Lagoon 50 but no sump just was not good for me.

I have a Fusion 20 now and it works but there is better out there.

phillyclownfish

Yep I wanted the 250 but 36 was to wide for my spot. The 170 was to cubish for me so went with a Versa instead. I wanted the Lagoon 50 but no sump just was not good for me.

I have a Fusion 20 now and it works but there is better out there.

It would technically be too wide for me as well but it could be done. The 170 is cubish but compared to my 20g AIO it has so much room in it that you can actually do a reef tank. Much better then my biocube 29 as well. That being said you could not keep a tang in it so the 250 and 350 just have the better design measurements for a tank.

It would technically be too wide for me as well but it could be done. The 170 is cubish but compared to my 20g AIO it has so much room in it that you can actually do a reef tank. Much better then my biocube 29 as well. That being said you could not keep a tang in it so the 250 and 350 just have the better design measurements for a tank.

:)

:ninja:

phillyclownfish

Have had my new potters dwarf angel for about 30 hours now. Still cant get it to eat. It has been grazing though so im hoping that he is getting some food else where. Going to try some garlic tomorrow. Hate using it but when in need I will lol.

• 1 month later...
phillyclownfish

The 250 has been up and running for about a month now. New fish include a kole tang and a purple tang. Purple is about 2" maybe. New invert is a green bubble tip nem.

Kessil has been removed and a radion xr30w has been installed.

How do you like the Radion compared to the Kessil?

I have a Reefer 170 on order and am considering the XR15W.

David

phillyclownfish

How do you like the Radion compared to the Kessil?

I have a Reefer 170 on order and am considering the XR15W.

David

Both are very different but the Radion is super powerful and also has the lunar mode. But the Kessil had that shimmer...

Yes, everyone likes "da shimmer"! Kessils are very popular in my area. They make them here. One of my LFS guys used to work for them.

But I think the Radion provides more even lighting. Shadows seem more pronounced with the Kessils.

I have also heard the Radions are more controllable. There are more options to control color and intensity.

i like radions. my only other consideration would be nanobox with multiple arrays. get a radion30 so you get 2 pucks to limit shading and put the wide lens in!

philly clown, try the wide angle lens on yours, i am really digging the wide on mine right now.

phillyclownfish

i like radions. my only other consideration would be nanobox with multiple arrays. get a radion30 so you get 2 pucks to limit shading and put the wide lens in!

philly clown, try the wide angle lens on yours, i am really digging the wide on mine right now.

Will do.

phillyclownfish

Got home tonight and the potters angel was acting weird the last two days. Got home and white stuff all over him. Checked the purple tang and was covered in white spots. Went to the store and set up a QT tank and starting hypo salinity. Also got some kordon. Hope the kole, clowns and wrasse dont get it in the display. All look ok at the moment.

phillyclownfish

Potters passed away last night. Purple Tang is still in QT and not eating. Male clown was out of it bad this morning in the display so I pulled him and hes now in the QT and is at least eating and looks better. Problem is female is in the display so I am worried the male will change to female while in QT.

Female clown, wrasse and Kole tang are all eating well in the display and show no signs of any disease issues.

phillyclownfish

Both the purple tang and male clown are both eating well in the qt. Probably going to have to get rid of both once they are healthy....

Archived