inTank Media Baskets

Equipment Sale. Final price drop

Steensj2004

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

id pack the skimmer up, something used in saltwater probably isnt going to get you 85% of its regular retail especially when there are just as good other options in the $250-275 range out of the box. In fact 2 weeks ago marien depot had 15% off which would make the skimmer 340 brand new out of box. Im just saying , not to hijack your thread your other prices are more than fair , dont blow the guy up for throwing out an offer

id pack the skimmer up, something used in saltwater probably isnt going to get you 85% of its regular retail especially when there are just as good other options in the $250-275 range out of the box. In fact 2 weeks ago marien depot had 15% off which would make the skimmer 340 brand new out of box. Im just saying , not to hijack your thread your other prices are more than fair , dont blow the guy up for throwing out an offer

And you just managed to hurt any remaining chance he had to get a fair price for that beautiful skimmer. Did you by chance read the rules about posting in classifieds of this forum?

"Unsolicited negative or argumentative comments about items for sale, or prices of items, are not permissible. Violation of this rule may result in revocation of classified forum access, suspension of posting ability, or account suspension."

He actually did not blow the guy up, but just kindly turned down his offer. I have sold a skimmer at about 80-85% retail on this forum before. You just need the right buyer. 310 shipped for this skimmer is actually a really good deal. You would save almost $100 off of retail. I hope someone actually takes him up on his offer.

I want to be an asshat to you for being such a PITA, but I won't. I will kindly ask you/him to buy one for 400.00 retail if you don't want one that is lightly used for 310.00( I'll make about 280 as shipping wil easily be 30.00). There aren't ,"Just as good options" out there. If there are, why was he here trying to buy mine? Buy a Cad or BM skimmer and leave my thread. I've tried 4 of the most popular skimmers in this size range and they don't hold a candle to this skimmer. Good luck to him,I hope he find a skimmer, because I would literally burn this one before I sold it to him for 600.00 at this point, let alone 200.00.

i apologize, making an analogy to a used bmw and laughing i just took as the wrong way , maybe its just me . sorry about that good luck with selling!!

i apologize, making an analogy to a used bmw and laughing i just took as the wrong way , maybe its just me . sorry about that good luck with selling!!

Fun fact, I got 85-90% of retail for every item that sold so far.this isn't a Cadkighys skimmer. High end products hold value, ( aka BMWs vs Chevys).

You do reaslize that wasn't the OP/seller that made the comment about the BMW, right? In fact, Steens didn't even directly comment on that comment. Why don't you just leave this thread alone?

If my basement didn't flood the week before my vacation and I didn't spend nearly $1,000 fixing all the issues caused by it I would have bought this skimmer at his original asking price. Alas I am still using my BM Curve 5 which when it skims it is nasty but the thing is hard as hell to dial in.

Clearly you should sell the skimmer to me for $201 to spite him. I'll expect a PM!

;)

So there was no interest, you just decided to come be a douche with no secret purchasing motive. Wow, I would have respected you more if you WERE trying to get my price down to buy it.

Lol buy you can call me a douche that's totally fine though right .I let it go man ,I apologized . move on . I've seen your tank thread ,blown away with the gorgonians and clowns ,awesome!!

Archived