Coral Vue Hydros

NanoBox for AA's Reef Crest Tanks

Mirya

I've always gone with glass for my display tanks; never thought of getting an acrylic display tank. However, the Artfully Acrylic new Reef Crest tanks are making me reconsider that. I'm not saying I'm getting one for sure, but I have been salivating heavily over their teaser pictures.

IMG_1269_zpstobqf1tn.jpg

I am perhaps pricing out what one would cost to set-up... Dave, I was wondering if you could make lighting recommendations for each of their tanks in this series. Here are the specs:

Reef Crest 9 - "Pico" Dropoff AIO - 9 Gallons - 10x18x15
Reef Crest 17 - "Nano" Dropoff AIO - 17 Gallons - 12x24x18
Reef Crest 35 - "Midsize" Dropoff AIO - 35 Gallons - 18x30x20

It's a tricky design with the light I think. No matter what the drop off will get significantly less light than the higher area, especially since the pucks are not INDIVIDUALLY controllable.

I'm guessing tide for the nano, duo for medium, quad for large.

I've always gone with glass for my display tanks; never thought of getting an acrylic display tank. However, the Artfully Acrylic new Reef Crest tanks are making me reconsider that. I'm not saying I'm getting one for sure, but I have been salivating heavily over their teaser pictures.

I am perhaps pricing out what one would cost to set-up... Dave, I was wondering if you could make lighting recommendations for each of their tanks in this series. Here are the specs:

Small would be Tide, medium Duo and then the large the Quad. It will be dependent on your stocking plans but I could make the Quad and Duo more custom with each puck individually controlled ( Duo ) and each section controlled ( Quad ). My friend runs a Quad with two sides that are separate so the right side is VERY blue for LPS and the left side 1:1 with heavy SPS. I can do it. :)

Cool tanks too!

Small would be Tide, medium Duo and then the large the Quad. It will be dependent on your stocking plans but I could make the Quad and Duo more custom with each puck individually controlled ( Duo ) and each section controlled ( Quad ). My friend runs a Quad with two sides that are separate so the right side is VERY blue for LPS and the left side 1:1 with heavy SPS. I can do it. :)

Cool tanks too!

Man! I wish I could control each of my Radion pucks separately! I could blast one puck for my acros and the other less for my LPS

Man! I wish I could control each of my Radion pucks separately! I could blast one puck for my acros and the other less for my LPS

Buy a Nanobox then Harold!

IMG_1269_zpstobqf1tn.jpg

What's behind that little red door?

FYI here are the threads from Artifully Acrylic on the tanks: Launch thread. Sneak Peek thread.

Cool tanks too!

Oh man, I had been eyeing the medium tank too and being able to independently control the two pucks on the Duo...

/swoon

I am so ######. I don't need to buy another tank, but this is so sexy...

What's behind that little red door?

You can use it for storage, ATO, or if you don't use the drawer, hide the dryside of a MP10.

image14_zps1uthpmnt.jpeg

righttirefire

It's not that hard harry... solder that shut anyway you like. I recently had dirty thoughts of added more ldds to my quad to have my quad controlable left to right. Lol.

Love the adjustable of nanobox. Dave's shit is gold!

These tanks are VERY cool after looking at the main post.

The only issue to me is the placement of a second powerhead on the smaller tanks. I think it would just look odd.

I know you have that other unit. It is something down the road you could do.

Only issue after looking at it is the way to position the light. You would just have to run the wire hanging kit on the larger tanks.

-D

These tanks are VERY cool after looking at the main post.

The only issue to me is the placement of a second powerhead on the smaller tanks. I think it would just look odd.

I know you have that other unit. It is something down the road you could do.

Only issue after looking at it is the way to position the light. You would just have to run the wire hanging kit on the larger tanks.

-D

Can't use one of your arms on the end of a duo so it stretches the length of the tank?

Can't use one of your arms on the end of a duo so it stretches the length of the tank?

And then control each puck individually so that the puck over the deeper area is higher intensity ?

You can use the gooseneck but would require some serious bending. The gooseneck is on the backside of the unit. I am going in the shop today and will see how it would work.

^

Or just mount it on the side of the tank rather than the back (and perhaps use 1 or 2 little adhesive cable tie mounts to guide the cable(s) along the top rim and then down the back? May not be too obtrusive - can't say for sure though as I won't have my first Nanobox (Duo) in hand for another week or two yet so am just picturing possibilities base on pics I've seen...

Or just mount it on the side of the tank rather than the back (and perhaps use 1 or 2 little adhesive cable tie mounts to guide the cable(s) along the top rim and then down the back? May not be too obtrusive - can't say for sure though as I won't have my first Nanobox (Duo) in hand for another week or two yet so am just picturing possibilities base on pics I've seen...

You could do that but I just think it would look really clean with the gooseneck coming out of the end.

Old, old style Tides had the gooseneck coming out of one end instead of the middle. Fingers are crossed something similar could be done with a Duo.

I've been maybe thinking about this as a Euphyllia tank...

So the issue with mounting the units on the end is I can not run the wires through the gooseneck. It is a solid block of aluminum.

With the 15" gooseneck and Duo you can mount to the AIO section side, and then bend the gooseneck enough ( same with Tide on smaller ). However the larger tank you will have to use a hanging kit.

I guess it really all depends how you are going to view the tank too. If three sided you would ideally mount the light on the AIO side. But if mounting to only view two sided you can use the shorter gooseneck and mount on "back" side of tank.

-Dave

Archived