Pod Your Reef

Reignite The Reef IM 25G Lagoon

Sunar357

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FTS 2/19/2016 - Note to self: Clean the dang glass before doing these. Can see tank is still in the ugly stage and hopefully get some of these frags mounted to rock this weekend.

4SRWB6g.jpg

New corals added as seen in my pic above:

ORA Birdsnest
Ponape Birdsnest
Rainbow Ponape Birdsnest
Kryptionite Candycane
Forest Fire Digitata
Pink Lemonade Digitata
Pink and Green Acro

The plan was to get some glued onto rocks this past weekend but i've been sick. Maybe this weekend I hope.

Got a hole drilled in my fixture and added a 445 nm blue LED strip over my moonlights. I have a dimmer as well so I may control them. This is manual currently and either going to throw on a timer or possibly upgrade the Apex to control.

6A1vBDc.jpg

Picked up a Yellow Watchman and a conch on Friday. Conch is slowly helping out. The tailspot keeps picking on the watchman. I ordered a pistol shrimp, nano star and zoa from KP Aquatics so hopefully the shrimp pairing with the watchman will get the tailspot off his back.

Picked up a Yellow Watchman and a conch on Friday. Conch is slowly helping out. The tailspot keeps picking on the watchman. I ordered a pistol shrimp, nano star and zoa from KP Aquatics so hopefully the shrimp pairing with the watchman will get the tailspot off his back.

it does take a week or so but you will see you conch helps with the diatoms a lot. It seems the blenny is being territorial and should stop eventually ad the YWG finds a home. It's always like that when you add a new fish. My dotty back did that to my blenny when I first got him.

Watchman has been MIA since Sunday...i'm hoping he's just hiding in the back in the rockwork. My KP order shipped today. Hooray! I also got all my zoas glued down onto their rock now. I leaned my green palys up against the back wall to see if they'll start moving onto it.

My tailspot is one of my favorites and has alot of character but I do notice he is not afraid of anything, especially if food is involved. He will go after my clowns and they will go back at him. As for the six line, it seems they are best buds and I often see the tailspot following him around the tank.

Hope your watchman comes out of hiding soon.

Tank looks to be coming along nicely. Can't wait to see as things start to grow in!

Thanks, Shawn! Those feisty blennies! :) A sixline is what i'm planning for my last fish. I loved the one I had in my first tank!

I can't wait either! I really need to tone down on my SPS as I dunno currently even where i'm going to put it all. lol Some may sit sandbed and get sold.

Still no watchman. :(

Pistol shrimp is settling in and has already excavated a cave...of course in the back corner so not easy to see. Doh!

Traded hammers from my old tank for some bambam zoas and some kind of red SPS stick.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how I missed your post, bro. lol Shouldn't be able to as I bought the covers. I guess i'd better bust out the flashlight just in case!

So traded and sold some birdsnest frags for a nice green torch. Got the torch glued down just need to get my hammerfrog glued down.

Everything except the one birdsnest seems to be doing great. It's actually the birdsnest I got dirt cheap too so not a big deal.

Trying to decide what to put on the island with my Euphyllia. The plan is Torch / Octo? / Hammerfrog on the top in the back and under them i'm undecided. Acans? Blastos? Mushrooms? GSP?

Not sure how I missed your post, bro. lol Shouldn't be able to as I bought the covers. I guess i'd better bust out the flashlight just in case!

So traded and sold some birdsnest frags for a nice green torch. Got the torch glued down just need to get my hammerfrog glued down.

Everything except the one birdsnest seems to be doing great. It's actually the birdsnest I got dirt cheap too so not a big deal.

Trying to decide what to put on the island with my Euphyllia. The plan is Torch / Octo? / Hammerfrog on the top in the back and under them i'm undecided. Acans? Blastos? Mushrooms? GSP?

No worries bro, hmmm island decisions eh?

I'm a fan of torches :)

Yep, the back right island..at top is the euphyllia. Already a torch rockin there. Looking at what to put on the lower parts of the rock.

• 1 month later...

Finally an updated pic added to first post. Traded away some corals, picked a few up and got rid of the GHA finally. Huzzah!

Are you still running t5's? If so what bulb combo?

Yep! I love the T5 look. Still running ATI Actinic, Coral+, 2 Blue+. My pics I use a gel filter though that gets rid of most of the blue you see in person. :)

Thank you, bud! Now it's mostly getting things glued in places and letting it grow out.

Anybody have an idea of if I put the Stunner chalice up by the Spongodes if they will 'fight'?

neowind712

Tank is looking great. Looks like you are coming out of the diatom algae phase. Following along.

Archived