ReefCleaners.org

Reignite The Reef IM 25G Lagoon

Sunar357

Apex is hooked up and keeping my temp rock solid now.

Tiny green mushroom I threw in there a week or so ago was hiding in the shadows of a rock. I pulled it out and glued it onto a frag tile. I so don't want a rock filled with them. :D I also took my last AOG from my 40B and put it on a tile. It's not looking great but hopefully it'll make it.

New bulbs should be in today! I ended up just ordering the screen top for this tank as it looks nice and has cutouts in the back corners for pumps it looks like. If it was a tank with a rim i'd just make one but this time I want it clean looking.

30% off at LFS this weekend....so may have to go check out a 'first fish'.

Still waiting on skimmer...paid for it few weeks ago and I still haven't seen it. Hoping the user ships soon or it'll be dispute time. :(

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New FTS added in original post and Chalk Bass pic below! Oh and as you can see from the FTS I ended up just throwing legs on my T5 and putting it on the tank.

2015-12-16%2017.58.53.jpg

so the 75w jager cutting it? Im thinking thats what im goign to get ,., spending 50 bucks on a neotherm that has bad reviews is just dumb . My jager on my 80 keeep my temperature perfect. just have to assemble the skimmer and rock is on its way, love having a new toy..lol

Love them lil Basslets! Is yours a shy guy or does he like to come out?

He hangs out under rock overhangs but he's always in front and visible. When it's feeding time he's out and about. He's the only one in the tank so he may get less shy when he has company. He was right out in front and swimming around at the LFS.

Bonus basslet feeding vid! http://vid1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa475/Sun357/2015-12-16%2017.58.14.mp4

so the 75w jager cutting it? Im thinking thats what im goign to get ,., spending 50 bucks on a neotherm that has bad reviews is just dumb . My jager on my 80 keeep my temperature perfect. just have to assemble the skimmer and rock is on its way, love having a new toy..lol

It's working fine. It was just below the waterline mark until I added more flow now it's about at the waterline mark. From what i've seen the thermostat is lower in the body anyhow so it's not a big deal. It's on an Apex now so not worrying about it too much. Those Neotherms are so expensive plus i've heard of them exploding. :(

Picked up a Montipora Spongodes on Sat. Moved rockflower from old tank to new one. It ended up putting it's foot on the bottom in the back left corner. Picked up a small 'black' misbar Clownfish yesterday.

2015-12-21%2013.09.13.jpg

Picked up a couple nassarius snails yesterday. These things are bigger than any i've ever had before.

2015-12-21%2013.08.12.jpg

Tossed in some LRS Reef Frenzy...and it went right into the nems mouth. That is one happy rock nem...but the fish are looking at me like what is goin on. :D

Actually...it feasted for a bit then the snails jumped on it. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Ran to PetCo to snag a new 20L for a future Leopard Gecko and picked up a cheap rock nem. It's no fancy colors and my pic doesn't do it the best but I like it. :P

2016-01-02%2014.41.27.jpg

Thanks...slowly but surely. Holiday has me cashed out for corals. lol

Yep! Though actually i've been sans-geckos a few years now BUT I won a gift certificate to a leopard gecko breeder in a Facebook giveaway soooo...free gecko? Wife can't complain! ;) Need to stock up this more first though so he's on hold a month or two more.

Thanks...slowly but surely. Holiday has me cashed out for corals. lol

Yep! Though actually i've been sans-geckos a few years now BUT I won a gift certificate to a leopard gecko breeder in a Facebook giveaway soooo...free gecko? Wife can't complain! ;) Need to stock up this more first though so he's on hold a month or two more.

My roomate has two leopards in a 20 long atm, I'm giving him the 40 gallon breeder I had for my last tank for them to stretch out even more ;)

Can't wait to see the leopard build! I dunno if you've been to it but the first link in my sig is my jacksons chameleons thread.

Nice! Chameleons are very cool. I have a friend who has a few different species.

My 20L for the leopard will be on a stand with my cornsnakes tank....where my 40B is now.

Nice! Chameleons are very cool. I have a friend who has a few different species.

My 20L for the leopard will be on a stand with my cornsnakes tank....where my 40B is now.

We used to keep corns too! We had a 5 ft standard color,and a snow. Snakes are cool

My little guy. He's a lava morph only about a year and a half old. The lighting is bad in the pic but he's really bright reds on him. My wife hate snakes and she even comes up to the cage and talks to him. lol

2015-12-23%2020.57.35.jpg

My little guy. He's a lava morph only about a year and a half old. The lighting is bad in the pic but he's really bright reds on him. My wife hate snakes and she even comes up to the cage and talks to him. lol

Very very pretty! Reminds me of fall. :)

Can you play around with snakes? Like... do they enjoy being around their human?

Can you play around with snakes? Like... do they enjoy being around their human?

Snakes? No not really. Not to say they don't become aware and somewhat responsive to their human,but,no kimberbee it's not like a cat.

:P

They mostly like people for warmth if anything. Some will curl up in a pocket, lap, or next to you. They are typical reptiles though and don't develop bonds with people.

This snake is goofy though...he KNOWS when my wife enters my office. He can be buried and he'll come out and look at her. He doesn't do it regularly to anybody else at all. I'm not sure how but...it's funny. :D

Archived