Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NanoBox HOW TO Bluefish : Tide/Duo/Quad Series

DaveFason

A few updates that Bluefish has made to fix a couple issues.

• Preview function
    • Working on all screens.
  • " No response from server/device Check that your device is powered on and connected to the internet ".
    • ​This error would pop up when the Bluefish was not used for some time. Mostly seen on iOS platform. You will now have the ability to Blink Up/Connect from this screen.
  • ​NanoBox presets are being updated now. Should make life much easier!

More to come and hope this helps with any frustration some have had.

-Dave

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update :

Quick Setup for NanoBox line is now updated. The only units that are not 100% are Retro line and Hybrid. This will be updated 2/17/16

This should really help people with initial setup.

-Dave

In these light setting recommendations what size tank is this for? I have a 4g would you recommend these settings for that or something less?

Tide Plus M / Duo Plus M / Quad Plus M :

Softies / LPS -

• Royal Blue CH1 : 60%
  • Neutral White / Warm White / Lime CH2 : 30%
  • Violet CH3 : 75%
  • Blue / Cyan CH4 : 60%
  • Moonlight CH5 : 1% - 5%
  • Fan CH6 : Mini - 85% Duo/Quad - 75%

SPS -

• Royal Blue CH1 : 80%
  • Neutral White / Warm White / Lime CH2 : 45%
  • Violet CH3 : 90%
  • Blue / Cyan CH4 : 80%
  • Moonlight CH5 : 1% - 5%
  • Fan CH6 : Mini - 85% Duo/Quad - 75%

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Update :

The only units that are not 100% are Retro line and Hybrid. This will be updated 2/17/16

-Dave

I am interested in a large retro for my biocube 29, is there a fix for the retros yet?

I am interested in a large retro for my biocube 29, is there a fix for the retros yet?

Not sure what you mean? The kits are all set to go and on the website.

-Dave

Hi Dave,

You mentioned there was no Quick Setup for the nano box retros.

There is now. I can also help at any time with setup with logging in remotely.

-Dave

Dave, I will be putting my tank in my living room.

If I set up the light into a specific configuration, does your system adjust accordingly to the light in the living room.

For an example, I turn off or on the lights in the living room, or if I open the blind or close it.

Dave, I will be putting my tank in my living room.

If I set up the light into a specific configuration, does your system adjust accordingly to the light in the living room.

For an example, I turn off or on the lights in the living room, or if I open the blind or close it.

No.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a biocube 29 and I removed the back plastic wall for more space. Are the LED's on an angle so the back of the wall would receive enough light to grow med/high demanding corals (nothing specific just trying picture the wall mod)?

2 pictures as a ref with stock biocube29 light.

Where the side walls end, this is where the plastic wall was.

8219F889-5AF6-42B6-B804-6EDB6CE13616_zps

F2E27F92-E4A3-4A39-877B-EBC5AA9AC4C3_zps

I have a biocube 29 and I removed the back plastic wall for more space. Are the LED's on an angle so the back of the wall would receive enough light to grow med/high demanding corals (nothing specific just trying picture the wall mod)?

2 pictures as a ref with stock biocube29 light.

Where the side walls end, this is where the plastic wall was.

Choose the 15" gooseneck and you can do whatever you want with the angle of the light. More than enough light for this tank.

-DAve

Choose the 15" gooseneck and you can do whatever you want with the angle of the light. More than enough light for this tank.

-DAve

I plan to keep the hood and swap out stock lights for the Large Nano Box Retro.

Are there any recommended settings for the Mini Flare Plus? Or should I just use the same settings as for the Tide? Trying to grow some dwarf baby tears which are in the higher light range.

Are there any recommended settings for the Mini Flare Plus? Or should I just use the same settings as for the Tide? Trying to grow some dwarf baby tears which are in the higher light range.

Depends on the size of the tank. The Flare puts out a TON of light so watch the plants for any signs of extra algae or yellowing. Hoping you are running CO2 as well? Or Excel.

Depends on the size of the tank. The Flare puts out a TON of light so watch the plants for any signs of extra algae or yellowing. Hoping you are running CO2 as well? Or Excel.

Its just a little 4G 10x10x11. I'm doing a dry start right now, so no CO2 yet, although I have it lined up. I'm currently running the lights at around 75% peak for a total of 6 hours including ramp up and down because of the lack of light they had at the LFS. No yellowing yet. I'd like to get the lighting up to 12 hours a day for the dry start then begin ramping down to around 6-8 when I submerge the tank.

I have two questions regarding the Bluefish setup. First, in <settings><Lighting><Simulation Options>, what does Natural Sun do? Second, under simulated locations, what are the 2 icons to the right of the search icon?

Thanks

With natural sun enabled, morning and evening settings are ignored and your midday settings are used throughout the entire duration of your day, brightening and dimming in a bell curve. Switch it on and look at the graph.

I have two questions regarding the Bluefish setup. First, in <settings><Lighting><Simulation Options>, what does Natural Sun do? Second, under simulated locations, what are the 2 icons to the right of the search icon?

Thanks

The morning, midday and night setting will create a natural bell curve for even dimming. Your morning and evening setting are ignored.

Second icon is the locations current data

Third icon... No idea off the top of my head.

Link to PDF for the actual controller.

https://aquarium-led-controller.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/bluefish-mini-manual.pdf

Its just a little 4G 10x10x11. I'm doing a dry start right now, so no CO2 yet, although I have it lined up. I'm currently running the lights at around 75% peak for a total of 6 hours including ramp up and down because of the lack of light they had at the LFS. No yellowing yet. I'd like to get the lighting up to 12 hours a day for the dry start then begin ramping down to around 6-8 when I submerge the tank.

Great start. Keep it there.

I received my retro M and its installed. Created username and found my way to settings. I changed my time zone to my time zone and it states its done. The issue I'm having is its not saving the time. My lights are programmed to start at 7am and they turn on around 2am pacific. I unplugged the device, turned it on again and redid my wifi settings... same result 24hrs later.

A little help pls

I received my retro M and its installed. Created username and found my way to settings. I changed my time zone to my time zone and it states its done. The issue I'm having is its not saving the time. My lights are programmed to start at 7am and they turn on around 2am pacific. I unplugged the device, turned it on again and redid my wifi settings... same result 24hrs later.

A little help pls

Shoot me an email with your user name and password.

-Dave

Why is there a midday ramp and how does it work? does it start all over from your settings? and does night ramp ramp down to off?

post-90293-0-90461700-1477874289.gif

Archived