ReefCleaners.org

NanoBox HOW TO Bluefish : Tide/Duo/Quad Series

DaveFason

righttirefire

Screenshot_2015-12-07-18-28-02_zpsmlvbed

So... still no lightning effect. No lightning with the scene player or the preview button. I don't plan I using it, but wanted to see it.

Everything else is responsive via controller...

Head scratcher

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screenshot_2015-12-07-18-28-02_zpsmlvbed

So... still no lightning effect. No lightning with the scene player or the preview button. I don't plan I using it, but wanted to see it.

Everything else is responsive via controller...

Head scratcher

I believe you'll need to have the "Storms" setting to on when doing the Thunderstorm. Is it set to off or on?

My quads slider Looks like this, seems wrong. I have no real idea what's what.

20151207-231109-2 by -Nanofreak79-

thats also just for free/manual mode the sliders on this screen. to set you real settings you would click the gear. assign the channels a display color on screen if you want, and than set all your settings.

So I has turn on clouds and storms to "play scene" thunderstorm

You just have to turn on "storms". I leave the clouds setting turned on tho because I think it is a neat feature to add a little extra scenic value to my tank.

righttirefire

I think clouds have to be on too. I couldn't get it to storm with out clouds

Yes. Confirm, clouds and storm must be on play scene thunderstorm

Hey Dave,

Question about the moonlight and the lunar phase setting. When we get into the portion of the lunar cycle where the moon is not visible the moon light goes to 0%. The question I have is, is there a way to isolate the lunar phase setting to just my moonlight channel and not the fan channel as well? Right now the lunar setting is dimming both channels and when the two channels dip down to 0% the fan runs @ 100%.

Hey Dave,

Question about the moonlight and the lunar phase setting. When we get into the portion of the lunar cycle where the moon is not visible the moon light goes to 0%. The question I have is, is there a way to isolate the lunar phase setting to just my moonlight channel and not the fan channel as well? Right now the lunar setting is dimming both channels and when the two channels dip down to 0% the fan runs @ 100%.

Set your minimum dimming level on Channel 6 / Fan for 5%.

-Dave

Hi Dave, im trying to find correct setting for duo over red sea reefer 170. Its mixed reef - sps on top, lps/softies at the bottom. The current setting are - morning starts at 8 am 20/10% midday 1-5 pm 60/25%, evening 7-8pm 30/20%. Lights off at 9pm. It looks too dim to my taste and sme corals looks brown, thus might be not related to light. Is it enought light? Too much/not enought?

Hi Dave, im trying to find correct setting for duo over red sea reefer 170. Its mixed reef - sps on top, lps/softies at the bottom. The current setting are - morning starts at 8 am 20/10% midday 1-5 pm 60/25%, evening 7-8pm 30/20%. Lights off at 9pm. It looks too dim to my taste and sme corals looks brown, thus might be not related to light. Is it enought light? Too much/not enought?

Read the first post in this thread. this will give you the info you want. Normally brown corals is caused by not enough light, and based on your settings I would say that's prob the case. most people keep their blues pumping all day at like 60-90%. than their whites they have midday at around 30-50 percent. Raise five percent a week and you will see a huge difference I suspect. you should be able to raise your blues a little more than five percent a week without ill affects, just take it slow on the white.'

Start raising the settings. Morning I would go 50-65% on the Blue channel, 10-20% white. Midday run 80/40 and night the same as morning. If I remember right you have your light pretty high as well. Try getting it down to ~ 5-7" above water line. Happy reefing!

-Dave

Start raising the settings. Morning I would go 50-65% on the Blue channel, 10-20% white. Midday run 80/40 and night the same as morning. If I remember right you have your light pretty high as well. Try getting it down to ~ 5-7" above water line. Happy reefing!

-Dave

Thank you, I'll raise light levels - my light is not higher than 5 inches from the water, its the one with gooseneck.

• 1 month later...

A few people have had issues the past few weeks with logging in or getting the Bluefish to connect. After talking to Spencer we found that people have accidentally added a space to there log in or when trying to log in. If you have an issue try this.

-Dave

Dave,

Question on the labeling for the channels. Duo Plus M.

Your website states the channels are as follows:

• CH1 - Neutral White, Warm White and Lime

• CH2 - Royal Blue

• CH3 - Blue and Cyan

• CH4 - Violet

• CH5 - Moonlight ( Royal Blue )

But here you say this:

• CH1 : Royal Blue
  • CH2 : Neutral White / Warm White / Lime
  • CH3 : Violet
  • CH4 : Blue/Cyan
  • CH5 : Moonlight

So, just so I have everything labeled correctly, which is it?

Dave,

Question on the labeling for the channels. Duo Plus M.

Your website states the channels are as follows:

• CH1 - Neutral White, Warm White and Lime

• CH2 - Royal Blue

• CH3 - Blue and Cyan

• CH4 - Violet

• CH5 - Moonlight ( Royal Blue )

But here you say this:

• CH1 : Royal Blue
  • CH2 : Neutral White / Warm White / Lime
  • CH3 : Violet
  • CH4 : Blue/Cyan
  • CH5 : Moonlight

So, just so I have everything labeled correctly, which is it?

That is correct! I will get it fixed on the web.

-Dave

Archived