Innovative Marine Aquariums

Shallow 30g rimless cube. Battling green slime......

jinx

New addition, early xmas gift from my wife :lol: Thinking about splitting them up, but they are nearly encrusted together.. Not to mention they each have a acro crab on em.

11046798_1075430662469527_44295266789020

Thinking the one on the right is a Blue Ice Tenuis, the one in the back Neon Green Tenuis?, and the one one left Purple Tri color?

• Like 1

I honestly didn't see the crabs until this morning when the lights came on. Not bad for $45 imo. They seem fairly happy growing so close together.

If you ever see another frag like that for 40 bucks LET ME KNOW!!!!! i need corals for my new tank :P

Finally noticing a dip in my cal/alk/mg. Time to fire up the reactor! I've had it off to keep it from shocking the system before it leveled out, so now it's time to start running it again. Yay for a week solid of testing <_<

• Like 1

New addition, early xmas gift from my wife :lol: Thinking about splitting them up, but they are nearly encrusted together.. Not to mention they each have a acro crab on em.

11046798_1075430662469527_44295266789020

WOW!!!!!!!

I'm not an sps person, honestly, but this is seriously NICE!!!

Merry Christmas to you!!

• Like 1

Idk why I said return section in my last post. I meant in the drain section of your sump. Does your return section of the sump see the most fluctuation when water evaporates? I want to have a super sensitive top off so that it refills less volume more frequently and I think the way to do that is by using the return section to house the floats.

The way the Trigger sump is done, it all drops to the same level for me. That would change some what depending on your plumbing and pump size.

WOW!!!!!!!

I'm not an sps person, honestly, but this is seriously NICE!!!

Merry Christmas to you!!

I need to quit uploading pics from my laptop.. They look even worse and incorrect on my gaming/graphics rig.

The crabs are definitely tetralia nigrolineata :) Now hopefully my sixline leaves them the hell alone..

Nice, Acro crabs are awesome. :) Mine seemed to always survive around my wrasse, so here's hoping.

This is under heavier white just for normal looks, some of the greens are off in intensity. If you look closely, you can see the one acro crab peeking out lol

12373232_1077880435557883_89590090568103

Snuck in and turned on some low level blues to see how they are adapting and I'm finally seeing a lot more PE.

10246652_1077880462224547_84623601605019

• Like 1

I'm actually at the end of my container of reef roids and will probably be looking at another replacement. I get green slime blooms whenever I feed just the roids. They like the roids, but I'm not too happy trying to kill off green slime...

I'll be adding a ATO to this soon. Just need to figure out where I'm going to keep a reservoir for it. Half tempted to make a custom 10 gallon triangular one that fits behind the stand. Dunno yet.

gulfsurfer101

That stand came out looking really nice! Definitely top notch carpentry skills! What sump were you using again? Everything looks like it settled in nicely too btw! I'm loving it!

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm running the trigger systems 20g 18" crystal cube. Everything is going well so far... The only issues I currently have is, I'm losing one of my original tenuis frags for no reason other than the stress of the move. I also have a small outbreak of green slime which is most likely from the reef roids. Kind of wish my rock boring urchin could go in the display as part of the cleanup crew, but it'll eat my SPS. IT EATS EVERYTHING!!! Keeps the sump very clean though :) My pod and mysid population is just now starting to recover from the move.

Beautiful!

I agree :) They were all browned out when I got them about 4months back. Finally coloring up and growing well!

beautiful tank!

can't wait to add acro's to my tank! :P

Get ready to have patience in more ways than one..

Looks good and awesome water movement

Looks better in person, but we all know how that translates. lol