Upgrade kit pricing :

Two Channel : $80

Three Channel ( Users with two channel + Moonlight ) : $90

Four Channel : $99

Each kit includes :

New Fan

Drivers/PCB/Fan Control

Driver Housing

You can install the kit yourself or send it in. I will only charge return shipping on top of the kit. The kit will allow for one plug control, fan control and if you opt for multi channel dimming ( V3 only ). This will really be a great upgrade for those with Tides.

Kit will work with the following :

Tide

DUO

QUAD

HYBRID

RETROs

-Dave

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave. Please can you elaborate on what this will do for the user. Quieter fan? Same light housing, right? What does fan control consist of? Thanks.

I have V3 Tide with 4 channel control.

Hi Dave. Please can you elaborate on what this will do for the user. Quieter fan? Same light housing, right? What does fan control consist of? Thanks.

This will replace the current driver housing, drivers and fan for all models. This will allow for a very quite fan and same housing for the light itself. The fan control will use the sixth channel on the Bluefish for just that control of the fan. You will be able to turn the fan off at night and program it to work with your light schedule.

This will replace the current driver housing, drivers and fan for all models. This will allow for a very quite fan and same housing for the light itself. The fan control will use the sixth channel on the Bluefish for just that control of the fan. You will be able to turn the fan off at night and program it to work with your light schedule.

Thanks!

What if one has a storm controller, not a bluefish?

The driver board will still work, it has normal terminals for the connections, so realistically any PWM controller will work, it just won't have the 'fancier' Bluefish control.

Still would need to use the 9v power for the Storm. This was made for those with Bluefish but let me check if you could use CH5 on the storm for the control.

-Dave

How hard would this be to put together on my own? is it possible you could make a guide? I would love to send the light in and have you install, but I do not have another light to use in the mean time.

What if we have four channel control plus a moonlight? If I understand correctly the advantages here are quieter fan, fan control, and only one power plug for everything?

How hard would this be to put together on my own? is it possible you could make a guide? I would love to send the light in and have you install, but I do not have another light to use in the mean time.

Would like to see a guide also on what's involved to get this installed myself without having to send the unit back.

Was talking to Dave about this earlier today, working on it ;)

What if we have four channel control plus a moonlight? If I understand correctly the advantages here are quieter fan, fan control, and only one power plug for everything?

The driver board has a slot for five LDD drivers, so it supports all five plus fan control. The fan won't be quieter when run at full tilt, but it will allow for fan ramping - so the fan will spin faster as the LEDs ramp up, then spin slower as they ramp down.

I am working on the manual for you guys. The DUO can actually use the same fan, I am just including a new one.

Forgive my ignorance but I have a duo and the fan is within the unit itself. How can the fan be changed? The duo is brilliant but the fan noise is a little high.

Easily done. Working on a how to.

I meant replaced by me rather than sending it back. I'm in the UK :)

How soon will this be available? My fan has completely stopped working on the lime.

I will drop a new one off today regardless. I will have the kits ready ~2nd week of October.

-Dave

UPDATE : Looks like LDD and boards will be finished Monday! Then I will have a few of these out and one to Ben for a video.

-Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Archived