ReefCleaners.org

Nicks 29 gallon biocube

Oneslowsaleen

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oneslowsaleen

The latest pictures I posted . The second photo is a sea anemone. How ever I do have a dendro in my tank !

Looking good One! I like the 2nd pic of the coral, a dendro maybe?

I think I posted on another question about identifying something but are those light green acans or trumpets next to those pink/red ones? I couldn't tell if light blue or pastel green. They remind me of those butter mints people get in shower gifts. I was just noticing how they pick up on the green from that pretty tube anemone and the light green mushroom back there. I need to read up more on tube anemones. I know that from personal experience reefing was the best thing I turned to when I lost my husband. I wasn't thinking about him 24-7, so I can only kinda understand needing to keep your mind occupied, just due to a different situation. This hobby certainly did the trick to keep my my consumed on reefing. I couldn't imagine such a life change. I also discovered, as my husband only had used it, that I love the Dremel. Found out how I could make some panes of glass more square when the glass company I went to didn't. So definitely an awesome tool in this hobby. Not to mention cutting frag plugs.

Oh, and I'm jealous of ya all that live so close to Nemo's!

Ok so my tank has gone through some exciting changes , and I lost a coral :( . Got a few items from LFS, I also ordered from liveaquira.com , and cherry corals.

So from LIveaquira I got a lemon tree , fire ice zoas, a Ducan, pistol shrimp , lettuce nudibranch ,and my file fish (Hudson is his name ).

- the lemon tree didn't make do to shipment delay rest arrived in good health . Got a story about my Ducan though , tell it in the end.

-few days later I went to LFS store for some RO water and few maintenance items. I ended up adding a few snails and hermits , I saw a dying sun coral so I asked about it and they gave it to me , and I got a watchmen goby for the pistol shrimp. The two fish are in a QT tank. Also got some pods for my fuge.

- cherrycorals- I was super excited about this one I ordered a fat head Dendro , and some cool zoa frags - surfs blood, Rastas, punk rock girls, and cc red Suns . He also thru a zoa frag in I do not know what it is yet , it has not opened.

Today I found out I can use a Dremel tool on my own , so I cut the Intank fuge basket to fit in chamber one, I will show pictures tomorrow

Now same may say I took on too much at once, but I'm home most of the time I'm always, and I don't got much to do so I'm always researching, maintaining or doing something with the tank.

So for my Ducan story yesterday I noticed it wasn't open and there was a brown hair like substance coming out of so I looked into last night , I woke up the smorning and it looked dead so I was going move him so I place him in lower part of my tank (non -permeant ) , I figured I would find a more permanent place later in the day when I was placing my new corals, when I come back it was gone and nowhere to be found like it grew legs and walk away.

Tomorrow I'll get some good photos but for now I'll share my sun coral, Dendros and my zoa frags

We should lol

Bummer about the Duncan! LPS are finicky. Nice mod on that fuge

This little tank has some great color combos.....it'll look great all grown in. Love the blastos, acans, trumpets, tube nems.....pretty much everything. ....including those pain in the ass always having to feed sun coral....nothing has that kind of color.

Simulated Fish

So now that my lights been fixed , got my water quality under control, got a pest nudibranch eating my zoas out, and did some overdue maintenance my tank is looking amazing . I also added a frog spawn that picked up in nemos. Well everything but Gorgain. Im posting a few photos for you to Enjoy

post-88869-0-61646900-1455401387_thumb.j

Love this sea anemone! any trouble with warfare? More pictures please?! :flower:

• 4 months later...

Archived