Top Shelf Aquatics

Nanoreefz IM Fusion 10

nanoreefz

I agree with what Harry suggested, you should just keep this as a fresh clean new tank with dry rock etc. If you had some pests before I wouldn't even chance it with them transferring over!

You're off to a good start though!! Congrats on the wedding!

• Like 1

Thanks ninja!! I went to this place called Beyond the Reef. My go to LFS. They have great stuff and for a decent price. There's a couple more I like going to like Reefwise and a new place I haven't gone to get called Seven Seas in Mt. Prospect. They have really really nice pieces there! I am debating on if I want to get rid of the rocks and go for a new scape with more places to put coral. The big rock I think is too steep and doesn't really have flat places to mount anything.

nice, ignore my question in my thread about if you been to Beyond the Reef =P. My blastos were from there and they are great. Seven Seas has mostly fish but they don't QT so I don't buy much from them.

I have so much leftover rocks from my build. Too bad they are huge or you can have them.

• Like 1

nice, ignore my question in my thread about if you been to Beyond the Reef =P. My blastos were from there and they are great. Seven Seas has mostly fish but they don't QT so I don't buy much from them.

I have so much leftover rocks from my build. Too bad they are huge or you can have them.

Lol I was just going to answer that too on your thread! :lol: I actually just got some blastos from them when I bought my caps! Luckily they are doing great! Are you in the city or suburbs? If you are looking to get rid of rocks I would take them and break them up to fit haha

• 4 weeks later...

Well a boring Sunday so decided to deep clean the tank! It's actually warm here in Chicago, 61!! So I got rid of some corals that weren't doing well and decided I'm going to fill this bad boy up with nothing but LPS, figure some acans, blastos and what have you. Going to slowly build up the collection! And I played around with the scape of course :) what do you guys and gals think? Opinions are very much welcome!

AA16FC01-C8D9-4327-8C98-71E5AE5FCF82_zps

550C2E37-62EA-4FBD-B90C-4387FAE6B0C9_zps

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got everything in the tank situated and happy!! The pieces I got from Salt Critters are doing amazing, and I also ordered a magnetic frag rack from Oceanbox Designs, also absolutely great design and craftsmanship! I got a couple acan frags and some favia. Picked up some Reef Roids and Polyp Booster from Amazon and I'm not sure why I haven't been using them before! The Polyp Booster shows an instant reaction and everyone loves the Reef Roids!! So I have a question to poise to you all, what are some good choices for another fish? Have a pair of clowns in there that are still young. Looking for something with character and uniqueness! Thanks!

8F0C9B2D-C0E3-4E16-98C1-888A43813C1E_zps

001B2572-3ADF-4765-86D1-FCC24627D97E_zps

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey all!! Been a while since I've updated this bad boy ? for those of you still following along nothing too drastic has changed. I did take part in the Legendary Coral Live Sale and let me tell you, pure fire!! Here are some of the sweet frags I got!

LC Desert Oasis Cyphastrea

BED076BA-CFF7-4227-A7DD-EF5813A62A40_zps

WWC Hallie Berries

E531EDFC-E827-45FF-8C1B-E08907422C8A_zps

Rastas and LC Purple Chaos

3A794CEB-EF52-4D62-AE35-F3774B6CFE71_zps

Radioactive Galaxia

194AF5BE-09FC-4858-A07A-4822DEE343DD_zps

And here's an actual list!

3118C355-0D3E-4B00-BFBA-F789656E55CE_zps

• 3 months later...

Man it's been a while since I've posted! I've been on like everyday and forget to update this thread! Nothing major going on. Tank is on auto pilot and been going good! No new fishies or coral unfortunately ? But I do have a question for you all: what do you think this stringy stuff is. I'm not sure if it's dead hair algae or what?  Thanks for following y'all!

image.jpg

IMG_4688.JPG

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/27/2018 at 1:07 PM, Christopher Marks said:

Hey @nanoreefz, what's new with your tank? Hope you're well!

Hey @Christopher Marks!! All is well! Unfortunately I had to take the tank down as my wife and I bought a house and couldn’t risk killing everything. I was able to give everything to my LFS. Hopefully soon I will be able to get a tank back up. As for now I will have to live vicariously through this great site 😄! Thanks for the check in! 

• Like 1