Pod Your Reef

*"*lgreen's Nano Pictures*"*

lgreen

Finally, What you have been waiting for your whole life...to see some pics from my tank.

i'm not giving them all away though, just a few previews

This is 3 weeks old, with 2 year old live special grade sand, and some corals that had been in my this tank before i restarted it for about 2 years. most corals are new though.

Also i would like to point out, that the only thing running this tank is live rock, and a pengiun 170.

no skimmer has been on it yet, and no refugium

for all you skeptical people, this is an example of the natural method in action. no need for fancy sumps, and refugiums.

i also use tap water!!

so now that i've got you all wild up, and thinking I am crazy, here it is.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont have any hair algae, i just dont want you to be jelous.

more pics in a sec, wait before you open your mouth.

i have like 10 pics to put up, its going to take a min.

no hair algae, just tons and tons of awesom pink purple, and green coraline.

anthelias.

i dont have a full tank shot yet, i will take one and post it later. ( i have one, but its from when the tank was cycling, so lots of brown algae, all gone now thanks to clean up crew)

"for all you skeptical people, this is proof that the natural method works. no need for fancy sumps, and refugiums"

The natural method is a 1009092384029384097208374 billion gallon tank. By sticking them in a glass box its by its nature unnatural.

Fuges and sumps serve to recreate natural processes biologically (albeit different biological methods than a true natural environment) instead of mechanically.

corey0613:

hey, some of us have stuff to do beside stay on the internet all day. lay off.

morphx: that's nice, did you read that in a book? I dont care what the purpose is, i know the purpose. I am just tired of everyone telling the newbies that they need all this fancy crap. It is totaly unnecessary to have an awesome reef.

no one can prove my method wrong, so i dont want to hear crap about it.

the small rock in the bottom center that has green stuff all over it, has about three different types of calurpa on it, and a bunch of yellow button polyps

thats also my maited pair of oc. clowns. they both host anthelias and the pink star polyp. sometimes they like to be by themself, and they take turn with each other playing the anthelias and psp. at night though, the both hang out in the anthelias (there origional home for about 1 year now.)

tank is about 3 weeks old, after complete renovation, so that is why coral is slightly lackin. It will fill in quickly though.

thanks!

we have pretty dang good tap water in boise idaho area. it sucks in most other area's of idaho though. i just use some stress coat to dechlorinate it and instant ocean salt.

never had any problems with it. all fish store around here just use tap water too. as well most reefers, (a lot of people still use ro/di water though)

Archived